Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
this my first time owning a new vehicle. I treat my truck like a truck and only wash it as needed. I'm looking for a liquid wax that I can apply twice a week between washes. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,055 Posts
So you mean like a Quick Detailer?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Sorry my mistake, the OP is looking for a detailing spray, not a polish. Liquid glass does make a detailing spray, but I've never used it. I buy the polish by the gallon, it lasts 5-7 years sealed. It's much cheaper that way than the small red cans.

I really like Liquid Glass. Yes it's hard to find, but I've been using it for over 15 years, and I do the car once per year.

One summer or fall wax before winter. Seems to outlast nearly any other wax I've used that can be purchased locally at Walmart or the parts stores.

I've had cars 10 years with no rust that are daily winter drivers in the rust belt.

You're going to get a million responses to this question. The key is to try enough products and pick one that you like, based on your willingness to how many times you want to polish per year, and how long you feel the polish maintains the luster for your geographical area.

The key is to polish it with something. Not only does it look great, but a good polish makes cleaning the car so much easier to get dirt and bug guts off.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
I genuinely use Stoner's Invisible Glass as my finishing spray when I wash my car coupled with a high quality microfiber finishing cloth.

I used Meguiar's Quik Detailer Mist & Wipe Spray on my Sonic with good results. I use Maxima SC1 on my motorcycle. Good god does it smell good. I will use it on my Cruze when the weather breaks.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,055 Posts
For QD, I use Chemical Guys Vintage Series Speed Wipe. Stuff (like most CG products) works great.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
I have tried almost everything on the shelf. My favorite is Turtle Wax Ice Wax. This stuff last a long time, and it doesn't leave any white crap on the plastic trim. In fact, they suggest that you put it on everything plastic. Also, it's super easy to apply.

Be very careful with Meguiars, Mothers and many other waxes. They will leave white stains that are impossible to remove if you accidentally get them on the plastic trim.

I use ONR as a clay bar lube. I use Mothers Quick Detailer. I use Mothers protectant on the tires. Keeps them black, but not shiny.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
I use Collinite 845
[url=http://www.collinite.com/automotive

I love Collinite, I use the 885, I have used it on m truck and every car I detail, so easy to use in the MO weather we deal with.

+1 for Collinite

1 - 20 of 20 Posts