Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can buy a high quality hid kit? I'm sure there are a few members here who have installed them on their cars.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I use hidextra.com, great kits at a good price. And their customer service and warranty is top notch, anytime I've had a problem I did a little troubleshooting to find the culprit, sent a picture of the bad item and a new one was sent out right away. I've had some of the 6000k's in my car (turned on whenever the car is) for well over a year with no issues at all.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which ballast type did u install? I'm thinking of going for the premium one. I think I'd rather pay a little more if it means it's a higher quality.

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
Please don't blind the daylights out of other road users by slapping a HID kit into the OEM headlights. There are other ways of achieving better lighting that are 100% legal and safe for other road users, such as brighter bulbs and a relay harness. Oh, and adjusting the headlights. All of these are proven, legal ways of making the headlights more functional.

If you must have HID's, at least put them into purpose-designed projectors and retrofit those into your headlights.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please don't blind the daylights out of other road users by slapping a HID kit into the OEM headlights. There are other ways of achieving better lighting that are 100% legal and safe for other road users, such as brighter bulbs and a relay harness. Oh, and adjusting the headlights. All of these are proven, legal ways of making the headlights more functional.

If you must have HID's, at least put them into purpose-designed projectors and retrofit those into your headlights.
I have after market projector headlights designed for HID kits. The low beam uses H7 bulbs.

·
Administrator
15,614 Posts
I have after market projector headlights designed for HID kits. The low beam uses H7 bulbs.
Excellent. I would love to see a picture of that!

I would highly recommended 4300k or 5000k bulbs. Any higher than that will be shooting yourself in the foot as output will drop and you may attract unwanted attention.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
803 Posts
The CG black halo projector headlights. As seen on Carid.com's website. Pics in my garage.
Those projectors are not designed for HID. In fact nearly every aftermarket unit isn't with the exception of the Kingwood.

Although you'll get MUCH less glare with these headlamps then the stockers, there is some glare none the less.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Does anyone make a stock looking projector set (beside retro fitting)? I'd love to find something that looks stock. No LED bar and no HALO eyes.

·
Registered
803 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
get the morimoto elite 50w 6000K h13...just cant say enough about these amazing lights and i also have them in the h8 fog lights. perfect just perfect and i allways get people ask if they are factory if that says anything about the quality. The kit is also real heavy duty.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts