Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

LOOKING FOR AC DELCO PART 55580981 timing belt tensioner

4824 Views 39 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Bvogt
Hey my cruze is down, was wondering if anyone has a timing belt tensioner for sale, that I can buy asap really need to get my car back on the road

Acdelco #55580981
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
14 Diesel Cruze, ‘14 volt, ‘72 442
479 Posts
ID parts was the only place I could find. Ordered it 3 days ago, 2 day air for $30 extra on top of the $130 price. Still won’t get it until Monday. There are cheaper crap out there. But I wouldn’t trust them on these interference engines

· Premium Member
479 Posts
ID parts was the only place I could find. Ordered it 3 days ago, 2 day air for $30 extra on top of the $130 price. Still won’t get it until Monday. There are cheaper crap out there. But I wouldn’t trust them on these interference engines
Sorry, they had 7 a couple days ago. Back order now…might try a dealer and have them track one down. GM parts direct says they are discontinued! I think they are trying to completely phase these cars out sometimes

· Premium Member
479 Posts
Hey thanks, I just ordered it. I checked that French link you had, but they were all out. One dealer had one in stock a couple states away, but it sold yesterday. Everything is being discontinued, even intercooler pipes.

· Premium Member
479 Posts
Is that even a real website? WTF is DNJ parts? That’s Chinese junk 100% you don’t take chances with timing.

I posted a link to a complete GM A20DTH kit in the UK.

Here is just the tensioner:

DNJ looks to be American. The part spec lists the OEM p/n. We’ll see when it comes. That German one already shipped and was the cheapest. I guess I can compare the two before I return it. Thanks again. That’s gonna save at least a couple peoples asses.

· Premium Member
479 Posts

· Premium Member
479 Posts
Here’s mine from Amazon in France, $46.96 with shipping and VAT. So weird we are having to get stuff from Europe for a car that is 7 model years old. Unreal really, like being in a 3rd world country.

I’ll keep this as a spare, if the the unit @Bvogt is correct I’m gonna order the complete kit from the UK so I have a kit for my next TB change.
View attachment 297169 View attachment 297169
View attachment 297170 View attachment 297170
I’m planning on doing it Tuesday or Wednesday. I’ll either let you know it worked or will be listing parts for sale after the pistons and valves kiss

· Premium Member
479 Posts
lol let’s hope that doesn’t happen. I’m gonna be ordering that euro timing belt kit today.

Not to highjack the thread, but what are some good things to tackle while going the tb, along with water pump
Idler pulley obviously. Drive belt and associated if your ambiguous. Clean all the oil leaky oil off lol and that’s about it unless you wanna toss on an alternator for shits and giggles. Might as well flush all the coolant and do a proper flush.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts