Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm very worried about Ferris... but I'm more worried about Cameron. "If anyone needs a day off, it's Cameron. He has a lot of things to sort out before he graduates. Can't be wound up this tight and go to college, his roommate will kill him."

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

I've done the drain/fill fluid exchange routine before, but not yet with my Cruze. The thing with a drain/fill is you can't replace all the old fluid at once so you need to do it in stages to at least have mostly fresh fluid in the transmission. If you're doing a fluid change using this method, I doubt you're going to want to wait 5k miles to do another drain/fill. The reason being is that it will take you 20k miles to drain it 4x and the outgoing fluid really won't be all that good. At that point, you only would have another 30k before you'd go through the whole thing all over again. You might consider shortening the interval between drain/fills to perhaps a week because then at the end of that evolution you'll have mostly very fresh fluid in there and probably something like another 40k miles or so before you have to change the fluid again.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.