Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i'm going to get my first cruze on monday, a 2016 limited red, and i'm looking to get new headlight, since i often drive on small road at night and there is always deer on it.

I'm thinking about getting 8000k hid but i saw that LED are availlable too. Which one are you using? What are good ones to buy ?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
If the upgrade is mostly for the purpose of illuminating the road infront of you, have you considered getting a lightbar instead? They can be mounted behind the grill and still have amazing light output.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Have you done any research? DO NOT put HIDs in your stock headlights. They will cause glare. And currently there is no LED bulb system that is brighter than stock halogens.

If you truly want superior lighting then you must retrofit HID projectors inside your headlamps.

OR as suggested, a light bar behind the grille will do the trick. Just don't be shining that thing if there is oncoming traffic.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Notice he said 2016, and his tapatalk sig isn't from the US. Other countries are getting the new body style Cruze sooner? Or is the new body style a 2017? The new body style Cruze has projector headlamps, already. And Im also guessing that the Limited, may already have HIDs?

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
If it's really a 2016 Limited, it's still the old body style. The new Cruze isn't called a limited, and it comes in L, LS, LT, and Premier trims. So his setup is the same as most all of us, since I doubt anyone here has the new Cruze yet. Only the new Cruze comes with a factory HID projector option, 2016 and below years only have plain jane no projector halogens.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Hi guys, i'm going to get my first cruze on monday, a 2016 limited red, and i'm looking to get new headlight, since i often drive on small road at night and there is always deer on it.

I'm thinking about getting 8000k hid but i saw that LED are availlable too. Which one are you using? What are good ones to buy ?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
If you want to keep it factory, just get whatever brightest halogen bulbs you can, and the light output/distance is actually not bad from the factory reflectors. Go with Sylvania SilverStar Ultras if available in your area. However typically with higher output you lose life, so you may need to replace them more frequently.

But if you're okay with modifying a brand new car, the LED light-bars suggested are a good route for dark back roads, but make sure you get good quality ones, and they aren't going to be cheap.

Best option is to get a projector and HID retrofit, but I'm not sure what your knowledge is with that or if there are professional shops around you that do that. That would get you the absolute best light output, and be "road legal" unlike the LED light-bar.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Notice he said 2016, and his tapatalk sig isn't from the US. Other countries are getting the new body style Cruze sooner? Or is the new body style a 2017? The new body style Cruze has projector headlamps, already. And Im also guessing that the Limited, may already have HIDs?
I'm just over you from Canada.

No the one i'm getting is the "Limited" which is the same car as the 2015.

As for the LED bar, where I live Police Officer doesn't care much about that, pretty much everyone has one.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Ok, ok. I was thinking the 2016, was going to be the new body style. But I see now, that they started making the 2016 in the old body style. Kind of weird. I was expecting to see the new Cruze on the lots, within the next few months.

I would just do a D2S retrofit from the Retrofit source. I think Im going to be doing this in the near future.

Reactions: anthonysmith93
1 - 8 of 8 Posts