Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like it says. I want some reviews and want to know if anyone went from vtuner to trifecta or the other way around!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Vtuner Stage 0 93 Octane NLS for almost 20k miles.

Got it because support seemed to have quicker turn-around and I loved the idea of a handheld tuner without the need for an actual laptop.

Brian (of Vtunerperformance) and I have exchanged over 30 emails since before I purchased the tune from him. He has been extremely helpful and I look to get a retune from him once I get a few more mods.

Car pulls and runs great, fixed spark plug issue by gapping lower. Other than that, I have been extremely happy with my purchase and the support I received after.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
very good to here. any more

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
( Vtuned for 10 K miles) Nice power increase with stock driveability.Runs great with consistant power in hot or cold weather.Very easy and fast to reflash.Vtuner provides fast service

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am stage 1 tuned from brian on my 2014 eco and I have to say it's awesome. He tunes for more all around usable power that's safe and he sets boost so your turbo isn't maxing out.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm 95% happy with my V-tune. I wish there was more to the trans side of the tune, it's very close to stock. I wish it would down shift with a little less throttle in traffic and just a little firmer shifts. But the car pulls great at wot.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Trans tuning feel is some what subjective.What some people like others dont.I actually run the stock trans tune with the tuned engine.The tuned trans does lock the converter less than the stock tune.It makes the turbo spool faster.No matter how you slice it the 6 speed auto does feel a little strange.But it does a excellent job of mangeing power and fuel mileage.I find at higher or lower speeds on the highway just touch the throttle and your reving and on the power band.

Reactions: snowvette

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
very good. i was wondering how the power band was with having only one setting...meaning no "select a tune" feature. I am looking for more useable power and kinda normal daily driver feel. I know with the auto the trans needs to be set up good for the tune. I really hate how this trans shifts but hoping this tune will be even better

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
i like vtuner since its easy to program and you dont need to data log and send emails back and forth. heard many complaints about trifecta taking some time but who knows...anyways, vtuner all day. that is my next mod once i get the downpipe and intercooler kit installed by ZZP.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I work 50 miles from home with mixed city and highway conditions. We're this tune shines is if your in a 55 mph zone and if someone is not doing the speed limit, passing them is a breeze.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Yes the car has much better passing power for sure.The Vtuner will also optimize a tune for any octane which can be a plus.So if you want to run lower octanes you can do that,Of course you wont have as much power.TQ is still strong but will drop off faster with lower octane.Plus he is always willing to figure out your GM TQ appt numbers.Not a dyno but they are very accurate flywheel out put numbers.He really tweaked my tune up to max out put for me.At my own risk of course !!!!!!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Smorey may I ask why you are considering changing to vtuner?
I personally was leaning towards trifecta (due to being able to go from eco to sport) so I could run an aggressive sport tune while always having a dialed back option.

I'd love an opinion on your current tunes pros/cons

·
Registered
70 Posts
Vtuners for the win. Brian does a ton of tweakes! Amazing! :)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
The good thing is Brian really likes to get the tune out fast and get you data logged.He even worked with me on the weekend.I had gotten the tune and hand held on a friday.plus the hand held is fast and problem free flashing

·
Registered
576 Posts
I am currently saving up for vtuner, after thinking about it for a long time. vtuner has quicker service, pretty much same hp and torque change, and the handheld is a BIG reason. It can read codes, and you can flash to stock or anything else quick. vtuner can give you a sport mode and an eco mode, and since you have the handheld you can always change it as quick as you want. I have read many complaints on trifecta saying that they take forever to get back to you, while vtuner I hear gets back to you quick. It is up to preference, if you dont want to shell out $500 you can get trifectas advantage+ or if you have stock get the advantage tune. but if you plan on spending $500 I would go with vtuner.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Vtuner all the way ! fast service and a no problems powerful Tune

·
Registered
576 Posts
So I had a group buy for Vtuner going, but they decided to delete it! That is some bullshit. But whatever, I am definitely going with Vtuner and NOT TRIFECTA since their vendors are the ones who complained and got my post deleted.

I wont push this since people want to complain and be on some bs. Thanks guy!

Advertising details have been removed by moderator.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts