Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an unbelievable Black Friday lease deal on a 2016 Cruse 1LT with just the basic radio, no nav or Mylink.
So unfortunately it came with no back up camera or screen to add one to.
Anyone have any good suggestions for a really clean aftermarket install with a good place to put a monitor?
Thanks

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
Just got an unbelievable Black Friday lease deal on a 2016 Cruse 1LT with just the basic radio, no nav or Mylink.
So unfortunately it came with no back up camera or screen to add one to.
Anyone have any good suggestions for a really clean aftermarket install with a good place to put a monitor?
Thanks
You can probably find a local shop to get one installed. If I was in the market I would probably use a CD slot mount, I use this for my Garmin Nuvi GPS. Garmin makes a wireless backup camera, though some have complained there is a 3 second delay for it to activate.

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
I think GM is missing the boat here.... as many people want a backup camera and as many models they make that they don't come standard on why doesn't GM offer say $250-750 upgrade to add a factory backup camera system?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think GM is missing the boat here.... as many people want a backup camera and as many models they make that they don't come standard on why doesn't GM offer say $250-750 upgrade to add a factory backup camera system?
yes at this point it is silly to not have it

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I have a suspicion that the unbelievable deal was to move a car that wasn't going to sell because it wasn't optioned the way buyers wanted it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes it is definitely a base model 1LT, that and they had 43 others just like it.
But between the Black Friday discounts, Costco rebate, and as a Volt owner $2,500 loyalty cash, it was a deal I had never seen before.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Something like this if it could fit in the empty center speaker space might be good

Anyone make these for the Cruze?

Car Vehicle Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car Multimedia
Motor vehicle Electronics Vehicle Car Font

·
Registered
692 Posts
My wife's crv has a Garmin NuviCam and the optional back up camera with it. Works great, though kind of expensive. You get a gps, back up camera, and a dash cam.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My wife's crv has a Garmin NuviCam and the optional back up camera with it. Works great, though kind of expensive. You get a gps, back up camera, and a dash cam.
that sounds like a nice option, does it have the wireless back up camera?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Just looking at the picture, I think it's for re-locating a non-MyLink screen so you can reuse it's old location for your other systems. Cool idea, but looks too small to house anything else. However, it might be a good idea for a ham radio display.
yes, then you can fit a 7" GPS unit like a Magellan Roadmate that also accepts a back up cam input, in the original space, like this:
(and not lose any factory functions)

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet Mid-size car

1 - 16 of 16 Posts