Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the factory stereo in a 2012 LTZ se has the correct outputs for subwoofers or if I would have to get an aftermarket head unit. I've owned 2 cars pre-2000's and this is completely different from what I've dealt with. I'm looking to bring my current setup of two DC Audio Lvl 2 12's into my new cruze but I'm not sure how to get started.

Thanks in advance guys. I'll do more research after work.

·
Registered
706 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Get you an audiocontrol LC2I and just tap into the rear speaker wires, i just did it in my 14 cruze. 400 watt amp and 10in jl sub. Very nice and simple

Sent from my SM-G530P using Tapatalk
This is what an audio shop did in mine. I want to disconnect my rear shelf speakers and keep the signal going to my subs. Possible?

·
2,170 Posts
Splice, cut and reroute, either way is easier than replacing the whole head unit and tearing up the trim and carpet to run RCAs all the way back. If you have the 9-speaker pioneer system with speakers in the package tray, accessible from the trunk then you're already in good shape. I tapped into the main harness behind the hood release handle and ran speaker wires to the trunk and put my line converters in there.

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
Only need to replace the head unit if you want added features like touch screen/etc. Simple rear tap as mentioned will suffice. I have an entire system built around retaining the stock head unit for stock functionality [tweeters, front doors, custom sub enclosure, etc.].

1 - 11 of 11 Posts