Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, new guy here looking to buy a 2014-2015 Cruze LT for my wife with low miles. What Cruze-specific issues should I be aware of / look out for? Do the turbo's last, are there current recalls, etc?

I appreciate any guidance ya'll can provide. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
I like the look of the ‘15 vs my ‘14, just some subtle differences in the front grille and fog lights. Mine’s a Diesel so don’t have much input on the 1.4 turbo except there’s been a lot of discussion about water pump failures and PCV/Intake Manifold issues.

Neither are major deal breakers, especially with all the info documented here. Check this out for more on the PCV/Intake Manifold item

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/34-g...urbo-intake-manifold-pcv-check-valve-fix.html

·
10,712 Posts
Not a fan of the 15 look and deletes compared to the 14, but depending on when the car was sold new the 15 is the more logical choice warranty wise.

Negative cable and water pump were about what's left of the major issues. Not sure if the cam cover was revised as well when they redid the oil cap and filler neck.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
Not a fan of the 15 look and deletes compared to the 14, but depending on when the car was sold new the 15 is the more logical choice warranty wise.

Water pump were about what's left of the major issues. Not sure if the cam cover was revised as well when they redid the oil cap and filler neck.
Yes, both were revised, but both still have issues.

OP - service records are a good thing to look for with these cars. Make sure oil changes were done on time. Look for any history of overheating, etc.

Run the VIN and make sure there are no outstanding recalls like the brake booster vacuum pump switch.

If the car has over 45K miles on it, it should have the transmission fluid flushed. If it has over 60K, add spark plugs to the list - and be very careful taking the ignition coil off, as the boots like to break. If coolant in the expansion tank looks low, water pump and other coolant leaks are relatively common.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know I won't be buying another Cruze. I'd rather have a new Colbalt, never had so many problems like I had with my 2012 1.4 turbo Cruze.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts