Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
hey guys thanks for hosting this site.

as the title suggests i have had a curze before and loved it. it was a 2011 eco cruze and just bare bones at that it served its purpose and i had to trade it in for a truck that i still have and want to trade that for a much more economical car. That being said i have 2 cruzes and a Jetta TDI. The cruzes are an ECO and a Diesel. obviously this is going to be a commuter car as i also have to drive long distances. IVe been lurking in the fuel economy thread and reading that the ECOs have been keeping up to the diesels. The ECO i had was great on gas and reliability, only had to get regular maintenance done. Now more about the cars

2011 ECO: 12000$(CDN) 52k KM. 2 tone interior and the options dont show much from the dealership

2014 Diesel: 15000$(CDN) 123K KM, fully loaded, and love the remote starter on it.

if anyone wants to know

2011 Jetta TDI: 11000$(CDN) 167K KM, its a comfortline, so their base?

My problem being im having a hard time convincing myself to get the same car twice even though i had a great experience with my ECO and that extra 3k for the diesel isnt making it easier. Im looking for something more plush and sort of pamper myself after working 12hour days and would like something comfortable for the long drives after my work rotations are done.

Thoughts?
Stay away from the VW TDI. When the HPFP (fuel pump) grenades... and it's not IF, it's WHEN...it'll cost thousands ($5000 US or more) to fix. I was fortunate enough to dump my VW TDI as a buyback before the HPFP blew up. Very happy with the Chevy diesel now.

Between the '11 Eco and '14 Diesel Cruze...tough choice. Both will save big bucks on fuel costs. Diesels always cost more to buy in and a bit more on maintenance but they sure are fun to drive if you do a lot of highway cruzin. Can't beat the torque for passing and hill climbing.

On the other hand, there are Eco guys on here that are running fuel efficiency numbers rivaling diesels. So there's not a huge economy advantage anymore between gas and diesel.

You've already owned the Eco so you know what you're getting there. Best thing to do would be to drive the diesel and decide from there. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
This link is where to check for recalls. But I think you must be the owner of the car...not sure, worth a try...

https://my.gm.com/recalls

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.