Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to purchase racing seat but a lot have told me you mount them to the floor/roll cage if you want a harness, which I do. How did you install? I dont really want to install a roll cage and what not if I dont have to.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,770 Posts
You'll probably have to custom fabricate brackets to mount the seat to the floor, or potentially modify the stock brackets to mount to the new seat. I don't see any custom-fit brackets for the Cruze yet.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
If you want a proper harness, then you need to mount it to the floor or a cage because it won't effectively restrain you in an accident without it. What kind of seat are you looking at?

·
Premium Member
4,770 Posts
Or a harness bar mounted to the B-Pillar, and then the floor. Not sure why you'd need a harness in a stock Cruze.

Can also use the normal 3-point, if you maintain the factory seat brackets.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Or a harness bar mounted to the B-Pillar, and then the floor. Not sure why you'd need a harness in a stock Cruze.

Can also use the normal 3-point, if you maintain the factory seat brackets.
Because racecar!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a concern what about the air bags in the seats? is there a way to keep the system running with out disabling complete airbag system?

·
Premium Member
4,770 Posts
I have a concern what about the air bags in the seats? is there a way to keep the system running with out disabling complete airbag system?
That's a very good point. None that I know of - meaning you're going to get a service airbag system message...whether or not that means the other airbags will function or not, I'm not sure.

·
Registered
119 Posts
In most modem cars when there is an airbag light due to missing/faulty components it can shut off most of the airbags to prevent improper deployment. I'm not too knowledgeable of the specific components associated with the seats in our cruzes but unless there's a kit out there I'm not sure how to get around the airbag part of that seat swap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts