Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I haven't had my car for a while due to a rear end collision. Three weeks later, $5,000 worth of repairs later, I got my baby back! So, I am already thinking on what I want to do to her! Why not upgrade the turbocharger!?!? Now, I won't lie to y'all I am not a mechanic, nor do I know the ends and outs of cars! If I want to upgrade the charger, what are some other things I need to consider? I am not trying to blow my motor or cause any other issues because I did not plan this out correctly and go at it without knowing what I am doing! Just to let everyone know, the car is completely stock beside the K&N Cold Air Intake that I installed. Can wait to read the comments and start this project car!

·
Premium Member
2011 1.4L T LTZ RS
3,211 Posts
Tune, intake and exhaust....best upgrades for now by far, I just recently installed ZZP v3 turbo but havent had time to test her out yet still breaking in the new turbo. Im sure with tune intake and exhaust youll be happy!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tune, intake and exhaust....best upgrades for now by far, I just recently installed ZZP v3 turbo but havent had time to test her out yet still breaking in the new turbo. Im sure with tune intake and exhaust youll be happy!
Definitely going to look into a tune, I have the air intake already, and I've been eyeballing the magnaflow dual exhuast for a while now. But it is ever enough? 🤔🤣

·
Premium Member
2011 1.4L T LTZ RS
3,211 Posts
Definitely going to look into a tune, I have the air intake already, and I've been eyeballing the magnaflow dual exhuast for a while now. But it is ever enough? 🤔🤣
Keep in mind the magnaflow dual setup muffler is located in a terrivle stop I have that dual setup asxwell never had a problem with it just I’m super low on coil overs and been scraping it since 2012 😂 redoing my exhuast this year going with a custom setup wanna do catless so I’ll keep u posted !

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Keep in mind the magnaflow dual setup muffler is located in a terrivle stop I have that dual setup asxwell never had a problem with it just I’m super low on coil overs and been scraping it since 2012 😂 redoing my exhuast this year going with a custom setup wanna do catless so I’ll keep u posted !
Yesssss please do!! I wasn't planning on doing coil overs, but I did wanna lower the car a little. Got a picture of it? I would love to see it!

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,487 Posts
Hey everyone,

I haven't had my car for a while due to a rear end collision. Three weeks later, $5,000 worth of repairs later, I got my baby back! So, I am already thinking on what I want to do to her! Why not upgrade the turbocharger!?!? Now, I won't lie to y'all I am not a mechanic, nor do I know the ends and outs of cars! If I want to upgrade the charger, what are some other things I need to consider? I am not trying to blow my motor or cause any other issues because I did not plan this out correctly and go at it without knowing what I am doing! Just to let everyone know, the car is completely stock beside the K&N Cold Air Intake that I installed. Can wait to read the comments and start this project car!
Start by using 89+ although 91+ is better.
What are the best tunes? Drop some links maybe? 🤔
BNR and Trifecta are two of our vendors that supply tunes.

I have a Trifecta tuned GEN I and the Magnaflow exhaust. Better fuel and the tune will do more than anything, but the exhaust makes it sound better.

Yesssss please do!! I wasn't planning on doing coil overs, but I did wanna lower the car a little. Got a picture of it? I would love to see it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey everyone,

get some coilovers or springs, a muffler/resignator delete!

·
Registered
2017 1.4t Chevy Cruze Hatchback
8 Posts
BNR has tuning and bigger turbos for these. Our TD025R makes HUGE power over the stock turbo

Would it be recommended to swap out the stock conrods and pistons with a bigger turbo? I've heard that with anything more than a tune, the stock internals can't really handle much more power.

·
Vendor
1,018 Posts
No need to swap out anything, our turbo will make as much power as the motor will take, and is capable of making even more. As long as you keep boost reasonable there's no reason to expect anything to break or blow up using our turbo. If you get a BNR tune we will absolutely tune it to a safe limit with huge power.

·
Registered
2017 1.4t Chevy Cruze Hatchback
8 Posts
No need to swap out anything, our turbo will make as much power as the motor will take, and is capable of making even more. As long as you keep boost reasonable there's no reason to expect anything to break or blow up using our turbo. If you get a BNR tune we will absolutely tune it to a safe limit with huge power.
Cool, good to know! Once I am looking to get the turbo, should I just make a new ticket in the tune portal to request an updated tune with the new turbo before install?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts