Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Lordstown’s Cruze ranked most reliable compact by Consumer Reports

3K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  neile300c 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Given my past experiences with CR I wouldn't buy a Cruze. Every car that I've purchased based on the CR review has been a lemon. Cars at the bottom of their list have been really good cars for me.

#3 ·
Rofl, you do have a very good point @obermd.

It's funny, one article they show a Ram pickup having crap reliability when I see the polar opposite every day. Rams have greatly improved, and judging by the one I've been test driving for a few days, they're pretty efficient as well. I've been getting just about 25 combined mpg with the HEMI and 8 speed.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I think there's an inherent problem with trying to predict reliability from such a short time period. The 2017 model year has been on sale for what - 45 days? Hardly enough time to know what the 3 year outlook will be.

I understand the problem - CR needs to get something into consumer's hands before they hit the show room, but still ....

#6 ·
I've always preferred the cars at the bottom of CR's recommendations, however this is nice press for our cars. Thanks for posting!

#7 ·
Mainly for those people who think CR is actually relevant, and only buy what they recommend.

For the rest of us who know CR's disconnect with reality, its irrelevant, but nice to see.

Reactions: obermd
#9 ·
My 2016.5 has already been in service for electrical issues twice already, one took 2 weeks to correct. We've had it since May. I'd have to disagree with CR on this one. Aside from that, mechanically it's been a solid experience thus far... Winter will be the real test. Something annoying usually goes wrong, that a dealer "can't reproduce", crossing fingers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.