Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that many refer to touring Lordstown.

How does one go about that? Do they have an annual date or "Open House"? Do they have a tour schedule?

Thank you in advance.

John

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
We normally do this in mid to late May. XtremeRevolution and I just had a discussion about this today. He said he'll start working on this year's meet soon. In the past Lordstown hasn't been able to give us a date until mid to late February.

If you can go, do so. It's definitely worth the trip.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Yes the meet at Lordstown is for everyone except there is an age requirement for entering the plant tours. I remember last year there was a father and daughter there that both had their own Cruzes.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Does anyone bring their entire family including kids? I mean it is a 4 dr car for a reason....
Yes, quite a bit. I believe the minimum age is 10 or 12 to enter the plant. If you have younger ones, they are still allowed to participate in everything the whole weekend except the actual plant tour where PPE is required.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
What about if I have a mexi-hatch? I might feel like the black sheep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At last years meet there was some tension with the hatches and the plant workers and they suggested the hatches to carpool with the sedans to the plant. They didnt want to have any hatches parked at the plant.

·
Registered
203 Posts
At last years meet there was some tension with the hatches and the plant workers and they suggested the hatches to carpool with the sedans to the plant. They didnt want to have any hatches parked at the plant.
I’m sorry, but that’s pretty crappy. I am being punished because their bosses made some bad calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Union workers stick together and I respect that. Its looked at as lost jobs im sure.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Hatches are definitely the obvious scapegoat for pro-union folks. However it may not necessarily be as cut n dried as sedan vs hatch.

Some 2017 sedans (approx 8,400) sold in the US were Hecho En Mexico...

https://blog.caranddriver.com/trump...er-lots-although-its-not-exactly-that-simple/

So check your VIN, if it begins with 3G1 you’re drivin’ the Mexi-version sedan.

I can totally appreciate the ‘optics’ produced by a fleet of hatches parked at Lordstown. It’s gotta be a real sore spot for UAW 1112 folks. Understandable.

But, what about all those Mexi-sedans?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Some 2017 sedans (approx 8,400) sold in the US were Hecho En Mexico...
I'm sure that was some of the untold tension that existed that the plant managers didn't specifically tell us about.

Reactions: Rivergoer

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Are there any plans in the works for a homecoming meet this year?

Reactions: Rivergoer

·
Super Moderator
5,171 Posts
This year I am telling the wife I am going!!!! Besides she will be at work anyway and who knows what my step son(20 yrs old) will be doing unless he wants to come up with Cruze #3(2014 with auto tranny) and I will be in #4(2013 6 M)? Maybe I can get her to come and actually do something I like...... and see how cars are built LOL

1 - 20 of 49 Posts