Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 20 Posts

· Premium Member
7,556 Posts
Are the CTDs covered under http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/25-g...l-coverage-14311-negative-battery-cable.html? If so I would take the car in and ask for this service be completed as you're having strange electrical issues.
I'd create an account with "My Chevrolet" and see if it comes up in the special coverage.

Diesels have different wiring, so it's a different part and probably not covered. However, I know at of at least one report on here of electrical problems (poor battery charge) fixed by completely redoing all the high amperage cables.

But I'd check for coverage before spending a lot of time trying to set up an appointment with a dealer. Not unless you're going to have them check out the car.

· Premium Member
7,556 Posts
I am pretty sure Special Coverage #14311 covers both gas and diesel models. It does not single out either engine type or any other specific models, just certain model years.
The exact wording is "On certain 2011–2015 model year Chevrolet Cruze vehicles". It says "certain", not "all". It goes on to say "All involved vehicles are identified by Vehicle Identification Number on the Applicable Warranties section in GM Global Warranty Management system." Which is pretty much what I'm saying to do with a "My Chevrolet" account.

If you're not covered, then that dealer trip is likely on your dime, not GM's. Especially if you're outside of B2B.

Poking around, I'm not able to figure out what models are different. According to GMPartsDirect, all 2014 seem to use the same part number for the cable. But it's possible that the updated part number covers multiple models where the affected part did not.

1 - 3 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.