Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The digital fuel range is losing mileage. Let's say it show 100 miles I can still go on a tank of gas. When I go about 1 mile up a slight incline the digital shows I dropped 8 miles. If I make a sharp turn on on a freeway on ramp that is a tight circle the digital gauge show I have lost 10 miles. Someone said it could be the wire by fuel tank.

Any one else having this problem.

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Sounds normal to me.

Miles Remaining is calculated dynamically and varies depending on conditions. Going uphill or slowing/accelerating through turns negatively impacts the calculation. Cruising at highway speed on flat ground and no wind increases the calculation.

·
Administrator
25,290 Posts
The range estimate is just that, an estimate. GM's typically show less fuel in the tank when the nose is pointed up and more when the nose is pointed down. Hard cornering can also confuse this estimate. The most important thing to remember is that the car uses your last 50 miles of driving to estimate your fuel efficiency and then calculates the range based on this number and the report of the fuel level sensor on the main gas pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts