Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having constant problems with their Cruze? I have a 2012 eco that currently has me pulling my hair out. I'm at 63,000 miles. At 57000, I had a catalytic converter fail (warranty). Last freaking weekend at 62,500, there was a wiring harness issue that caused a spark plug to fail and the engine was misfiring (warranty), in addition to battery acid leaking from the battery onto the positive cable resulting in a replacement battery and positive cable (not warranty), and just yesterday it went to **** again. All of the problems I've had show the front code of "Service stabilitrak, service traction control, then the check engine". Same thing yesterday.
The car also makes a whistling noise in warm weather while accelerating that the dealership has never been able to figure out. I can over look the whistle, but the constant breakdowns are driving me crazy.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
I wonder if you finally fixed the underlying problem - bad battery. Everything you listed, except possibly the catalytic converter depending on the exact failure, is electrical and a bad battery will cause all of them.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I can certainly understand your frustration, Vernouknow. I see that you stated that you've been in contact with your dealer in regard to your concerns. Please let me know if further help is needed. I'd be happy to reach out to your dealer to further discuss your difficulties. Hoping to hear from you soon!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had the whistling noise, but it's intermittent and seems to happen more at freeway speeds. Haven't been able to reproduce it with the dealer of course. With all the other stuff that has gone wrong with my Cruze it's at the bottom of my list too. My battery was smoking today (literally), the dealer is trying to say its from corrosion, but can't the corrosion be caused by the smoking, leaking, battery? Thankfully I'm still under warranty, but can't wait to be not upside down so I can get rid of the POS.
Jonnelle

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The code that my Cruze through was a generic engine misfire code. They took it apart but have no clue what caused it. It makes me nervous for when my warranty runs out. Luckily I got the 5 year 100,000 mile warranty, but I really dont have any faith in the car anymore.
Jonnelle, I have the same thing with the whistling, its while accelerating in warm weather. Luckily my dealer was perceptive, especially after I showed them video. The service manager took a ride with me, but he had no clue what it was either. They put more insulation in on the passenger side venting, which made it quiter but it did not go away.
I think that I am most frustrated that I am thinking twice about chevy/GM. I have a 87 Blazer, a 2003 GMC sonoma and the cruise. I was super pumped about the new colorado and I intended on replacing my sonoma with the diesel colorado, but all the issues with the cruze are making me think twice about another chevy. I always knew that my next truck would be a chevy, but now I dont know.
Anyway, thanks for listening.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I had a whistling noise at highway speeds. It was coming from the rear view mirror and the base where it mounts to the wind shield. I got the wind shield replaced under warranty and the problem never came back.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yes my Cruze has been a real lemon since day one (now at 8 months of ownership). Now at 10 000 miles here is what was replaced : rear shock absorber, fuel railing and injectors, waiting on new axle bushings and a new clutch master cylinder. Count in the NUMEROUS trips to the dealer because of their cannot replicate issue bullshit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.