Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little background: this has happened to me twice in the past week. Driving on the highway, I will press the accelerator to the floor in order to pass someone. All of a sudden, the engine will lose power, and I start to slow down, but then quickly regains some power, loses power, gains power, etc.

After this happens, the check engine light comes on, as well as a message telling me to service traction control and stabilitrack. The car seems to run fine as long as I don't depress the gas pedal to the floor. When I turn the car off, the engine light goes away, as well as the traction control and stabilitrack warnings, and don't reappear until the problem happens again.

Any ideas before I bring it to the dealer?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Yeah, I think we'd need a code to make a decent guess. Some parts places will read it for free. While the light may be off, it should be in the history as long has it hasn't been too many on/off engine cycles since the last occurrence.

When you take it to the dealer, make sure you get the light to come on at least the day before if not the day of the visit. That way it should still be in the history.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I've been trying to reproduce the problem the past couple days with no luck. If it happens again I'll run over to my autozone and have them scan for the code.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there any update to this post? I am having the same issue but mine isn’t throwing and codes or a check engine light and can’t for the life of me figure out where to even start...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts