Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if anyone else is suffering this, but when my auto changes it sometimes has a very long pause before the next gear engages.

It is definitely more noticeable when it is down shifting as I give it a bit of "gusto", but is also there during standard shift driving

There is a pause of around 1 second and then you can definitely feel the bump as it re-engages

I know I am due for a service, but only the general engine oil and filter changes

Is this something that anyone else has encountered?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
At times when coasting or at a stop, it will shift to neutral. Sometimes you can surprise it and the re-engage is rather abrupt. (Mine seems to have learned my driving style and seems to run just fine.)

If that's not what you're experiencing, I'd be concerned.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At times when coasting or at a stop, it will shift to neutral. Sometimes you can surprise it and the re-engage is rather abrupt. (Mine seems to have learned my driving style and seems to run just fine.)

If that's not what you're experiencing, I'd be concerned.
I know that when at coast or stopped it will shift into neutral, but this is while travelling at 60-80kph (40-50mph) sometimes even at 100kph

Would it be just a fluid change? or something more sinister

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think you are experiencing torque management. The engine cuts power between shifts. My Corvette does the same thing to a certain extent.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Sorry, I just noticed that this is in the 1.8L section. I have no idea about that engine. I've got the 1.4T.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I put the car up on a hoist and noticed a leak coming from the trans cooler.
The leak was from a cracked trans cooler hose which was causing it to use more oil.
Replaced the hoses, new oil in tranny and she is as good as new.
Spoke to a mate who works at a holden dealership and he said it is a 'common' problem
$200 and a couple of hours work

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.