Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post and hoping to get some help with my problem...

On a trip back home for thanksgiving holiday my car decided to give out on me just out of warranty...turns out I had a small pin hole in my head which allowed coolant into the motor...Replace head, got new head bolts, purge valve (was staying open), air filter, gaskets and all being from the dealership..had all the work done by a Chevy tech (cousin) and some by master tech at same dealership...result is a car at cold start has trouble turning on but after on runs perfect until reaches operating temp. Starts to misfire and loses compression on cylinders 2 and 3 while 1 and 4 stay at a different compression...2 and 3 come down to 60psi and 1 and 4 are at 150psi...got it bore scoped checked and everything looked good hoping to get some possible help in maybe solving my problem.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Since 2 and 3 are next to each other. Sounds like the head gasket go ripped and each cylinder is leaking compression in to the other cylinder. Or, as mentioned above. Warped block.

AS a retired mechanic. I can tell you replacing heads and head gaskets most often then not don't work out for the benefit of the consumer. Water and oil mixed aren't good for the motor. Bearings don't last at all.

Better off using the money for a replacement engine. That's usually what it comes down to anyways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts