Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lost about 4 to 5 mpg since last oil change . Started off about 2mpg average and has been increasing slowly since, brought it up to the dealer and they told me nothing they can really do about it as its super hard to diagnose but to test the oil when i change it again and let them know if anything abnormal shows up. gonna change he oil this week and up date to see whats going on my average mpg stays pegged around 30 now instead of around 39 to 42. Im averaging 37 to 39 where i was averaging 41 to 42 calculated by each fill up. Anyone got any idea it should have went up not down

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Lost about 4 to 5 mpg since last oil change . Started off about 2mpg average and has been increasing slowly since, brought it up to the dealer and they told me nothing they can really do about it as its super hard to diagnose but to test the oil when i change it again and let them know if anything abnormal shows up. gonna change he oil this week and up date to see whats going on my average mpg stays pegged around 30 now instead of around 39 to 42. Im averaging 37 to 39 where i was averaging 41 to 42 calculated by each fill up. Anyone got any idea it should have went up not down
Do you know if your CTD is having short regen cycles? If it is that will effect mpg big time.

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
You don't unless you have one of those scan gauges. Or the dealer tools...

Probably end up being a wild goose chase. It could be the... Air filter, MAF sensor, MAP sensor, fuel rail leak, clogged dpf, bad fuel, bad fuel filter, not meeting fuel pressure, bad egr valve, bad egr cooler, bad throttle valve, low tire pressure, worn injectors, exhaust leak, intake leak, bad dpf pressure sensor, bad egts, just to name a few.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a scan guage but was causeing massive feedback and tons of error codes, everything looked good and no codes but seems like it i also have less power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Causeing error codes from esp malfuntion to loss of power steering and engine and transmission codes, removed it and they all went away

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
Yeah that's pretty bad. Reset it somehow or get it RMAed. It's doing something it's not suppose to.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I sent it back ill buy another soon as i get this issue figured out with the fuel economy

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I had a scan guage but was causeing massive feedback and tons of error codes, everything looked good and no codes but seems like it i also have less power
What brand? From what I understand, most can deal with the Diesel Cruze. In fact, I think that's a special order item for the one brand that does support it.

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
Oh I thought you meant the actual scan gauge. You can try to make it not refresh as quickly. Disable anything that rhymes with fast.... Not sure though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Those cheap Chinese bluetooth/wifi plug-in adapters have been known to cause all sorts of crazy issues, especially with newer cars. They make adapters that allow you to open/close windows just as an example of what they are able to control in your car when plugged in (there are complaints the device opened windows by itself, not good if it rains lol). Also, the wifi one I have has an LED that will drain the battery within a week if left plugged in.

I highly recommend getting a SC2 as several members have here including myself. There's a firmware version tailored to this car. I have torque pro as well and I don't think the diesel PIDs are correct for this car. No way the dpf is under 200psi, that would be crazy back pressure for the motor to overcome, should be more like 5-15psi range give or take. Then you'll have access to # of completed regens and when it's occurring. It's worth every penny.

As for the OP, have you changed driving habits at all? More summer traffic? Tire pressures? With the hot weather in the northeast I know have been cranking the a/c full blast. You previously mentioned using B20, have you switched back to straight diesel? I don't think an oil change would affect mileage unless they put molasses in there..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Driving habits have been pretty much the same other than ac route is the same i used both or a blend depends whose cheaper usually a minor difference in the economy, no real traffic

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Are you talking about the scanguage 2?

YES....That is where I would start...I have the Scanguage 2 and have to ask for it to be configured for the Cruze Diesel. Its about $150

1 - 20 of 84 Posts