Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Ok so ive narrowed out fuel as a factor, tire drop it by a bit but i was having the issue before they got swapped, no mods, waiting for my oil test to come back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You just reminded me, tire pressure could be a meaningful factor.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
gator gets better mpg than 90% of us

on 36 psi
That does poke a hole in conventional wisdom. Plus his tires have 114k miles and still look decent.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Tire pressure makes a difference, but not as much as you might think.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
All tires stay around 37 to 38 psi like recommended

I am running out of ideas to help you here. Did the dealer see if there are any pending codes?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
I am running out of ideas to help you here. Did the dealer see if there are any pending codes?
Nope they wont touch it unless i have something solid to go on because there are to many variables of what it could be.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
So oil came back completely normal and well within spec. So now im at a complete loss as to whats going on to cause this. Unless i have a leaking injector

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I have read on other automotive forums that the computer(s) can be reset by disconnecting the battery for X amount of time/ and possibly even touching the disconnected cables together. I am not sure if that holds true here so do so at your own peril. Maybe someone more familiar with that sort of thing can chime in.

Here's a referenced article that seems legit, but again do so at your own peril!

How to Disconnect a Car Battery to Reset the Computer | eHow

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Resetting the computer by pulling the plug works on the gas models. I don't see a reason why it wouldn't on the diesel models as well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
So after much more driving and a new dealer they think they have a handle on it. Turbo blew a seal and just came apart today so they are replacing it and think it was the cause of the loss in fuel economy

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
So after much more driving and a new dealer they think they have a handle on it. Turbo blew a seal and just came apart today so they are replacing it and think it was the cause of the loss in fuel economy

Wow, that's scary because a blown turbo seal can cause a runaway diesel in some cases. This is the first I've heard of any turbo issues on our cars. Can you go into more detail about what exactly happened to your turbo?

Reactions: silvertank

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
They arent sure its been in the shop for 4 days all they elaborated to was a seal blew and was causing the boost to leak and cause the loss in power and fuel economy. Ill try go find out more once i get it back

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
They arent sure its been in the shop for 4 days all they elaborated to was a seal blew and was causing the boost to leak and cause the loss in power and fuel economy. Ill try go find out more once i get it back

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted. That sounds like something different than a seal inside the turbo.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Yes new tires are lrr. turbo was replace was leaking between the case halves sealed the system back up, advised its been leaking for a while and was probably the cause of the loss in economy

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Yes new tires are lrr. turbo was replace was leaking between the case halves sealed the system back up, advised its been leaking for a while and was probably the cause of the loss in economy

Very interesting. i assume that was covered under powertrain warranty? have you noticed a difference in fuel economy since the replacement?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Covered under warranty fuel economy seems to have come back but i havent put much on it since power is back now. Ill post back after next week im doing a 1300 mile round trip next week

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Covered under warranty fuel economy seems to have come back but i havent put much on it since power is back now. Ill post back after next week im doing a 1300 mile round trip next week

i am glad to hear it was covered. Keep us posted on the results!

Reactions: silvertank
61 - 80 of 84 Posts