Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently changed out my factory speakers and added and amp, and sub using a LC8I. Since the change I have lost all off my interior chimes, and I can no longer use my bluetooth or my onstar. What can I do to resolve this issue?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe I should explain this a little differently.
Everything I had installed was done by a professional. Everything is working as it should except the interior chimes, bluetooth and the onstar. I asked the gentleman that installed the system why we lost everything. His reply was: "Everything you lost could not be run through an after market amp." Would this be an accurate statement?

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
I think you will still need the adapter... ;) It seems everything you lost is identical to what it corrects. Either that or the professional did not install it properly. Take it back to him and tell him things aren't the way they should be and him being a professional should repair it. If additional parts are necessary you of course will be liable but the labor should be free

XtremeRevolution will know a lot about this but I believe when you bypass the amplifying aspect of the factory deck you need the adapter so the sounds (chimes, onstar etc.) run through your aftermarket amp. You just might not use everything that comes with the GMOS adapter.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm pretty sure he is wrong, you connect the LC8I to the master speaker wires, you SHOULD get all the sounds the car plays, no matter what, because OnStar and Bluetooth don't have their own dedicated outputs to the speakers, which is pretty much what the guy is saying, if the speakers had 4 inputs, 2 for radio and 2 for BT/OS, then you could only get one of those, but since that's not the case with the Cruze, nor any existing car for the matter, I'm pretty sure you have a bad install.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts