Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Something your last post made me think of was the boost sensor. I noticed the past couple of trips that I could force the issue to repeat itself, meaning I could reproduce it on demand by putting the car in park, turning it off, and starting the car again. If I do that then the power loss issue goes away until it happens again, whether it be five minutes or and hour. This has led me to think it could be a sensor related issue but I hadn't nailed down where to start. I am wondering now if the boost sensor is where I should start?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I went ahead and ordered a new sensor since they are cheap enough. I probably should have done that since I had oil in the air system from before I installed the PCV fix kit awhile back anyway. If that fixes it I will post confirmation here to help anyone else having this same issue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anyone know if the stock tune limits boost pressure? If so, any idea on what that limit is? I have read in a few places 13 PSI is the limit but I have not seen anything definitive.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, replaced the turbo boost sensor today and am still having the issue. Going to take it to a shop and let them work with it later this week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, replaced the turbo boost sensor today and am still having the issue. Going to take it to a shop and let them work with it later this week.
So what have they come up with? I’m very interested because, I too, am having the same problem. I replaced the turbo/manifold, vacuum lines, valve cover, and both MAP sensors and I’m still getting the p0299 code!

·
Registered
20 Posts
So what have they come up with? I’m very interested because, I too, am having the same problem. I replaced the turbo/manifold, vacuum lines, valve cover, and both MAP sensors and I’m still getting the p0299 code!
I haven’t had a chance to take it in yet. I am hoping to later this week if work permits. I don’t get the p0299 code any more but still have the same issue which I find strange.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I haven’t had a chance to take it in yet. I am hoping to later this week if work permits. I don’t get the p0299 code any more but still have the same issue which I find strange.
Well I just ordered both (inlet and outlet) intercooler hoses, that’s the only thing left to replace besides the intercooler and intake!! I’ll report back when they arrive and I install them

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
7,936 Posts

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
P0299 is also an indication that the intake PCV valve is going bad.

2011-2016 Cruze 1.4 PCV Valve Cover/Intake Manifold Issues

Also about the ZZP WGA:
Important: This product will help avoid a P0299 "under boost" code, but will also increase your chance of getting a P0234 "over boost" code. Depending on how your car is tuned, this will most likely require a PCM file update. (i.e. Get a tune)
Still getting this from time to time and looking to get the boost leak tester on it shortly. I currently have the V1 pcv fix on it as well as the BNR wga.

It is still somewhat random as to when it does this, but I am beginning to notice that it is a bit more consistent on 2+ hour drives of normal driving or as quick as an hour if running it hard. Which is still in my mind pointing to the heat affecting the crack in the housing, or maybe something else, as to the cause of it.

Once I run the boost leak test I’ll report back on my findings.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The noise is a very fast low pitched noise, almost like a tapping of something. Another thing that might help is when I’m at 60 mph it’s very hard for me to accelerate past that. I’ll slowly push the pedal down almost all the way down until it throws a gear down and redlines. If I was to put the stock BOV back on and the problem persists, do they have to fix whatever the real issue is then or can they say it was due to the aftermarket?
I don’t think its the aftermarket BOV. My issue is identical to yours and replacing the stock BOV with a BNR did not fix my issue. Here is a list of what I have replaced/fixed so far and the issue still persists(the issue was happening BEFORE any of this was done).

BOV (upgraded to BNR)
Wastegate Actuator (upgraded to ZZP)
Turbocharger pressure sensor
Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor
PCV v2 Fix Kit
Coil Pack (upgraded to MSD)
Spark Plugs (upgraded to NGK Iridiums)

I have also added a BNR spacer and a boost gauge to see boost pressure when the issue starts. Boost pressure shows 0 after the car ‘looses power’ and never goes above that until after the car is shut off and sits for a bit. I am leaning towards a turbo issue myself but need more time to actually test that. I have done a boost leak test and it does not indicate any major leaks.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts