Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Gavin and I drive a 2015 Cruze Lt. I was driving home the other night on the 401 doing 125 km/h with the cruise control on Blaring my music when I hit traffic and had to slow down to a 10 km/h crawl, which disengaged my cruise control, so I instinctively shut it off. When the time came to accelerate back up to the speed limit, my car just wasn't having any of it and would not accelerate, at full throttle the engine was revving high doing it's thing except for the fact that i was only climbing by 2 km/h, and when it would go to shift, it would shift REALLY slowly which I knew wasn't right, to i turned off my music to see if i could hear any strange noises and there weren't any, so i just sort of waved it off and kept driving. I re-engaged the cruise control and went on with my drive, as soon as I got off of the highway i hit a red light and shut off cruise control. When the light turned green, i gave it a decent amount of throttle to see if there was any difference, and there wasn't, the car was still accelerating really slowly, but i could start to hear this high pitched sort of whining/grinding noise from the engine/transmission. I knew something was not right so i got home as quickly as i could and went to take off the trifecta tune i installed two months prior, thinking that was the problem. Well whilst uninstalling the tune, the "service stabilitrak" light came on with the C.E.L, then quickly shut off. After putting the stock tune back on I went to test drive it and the car seemed to return to it's normal stock self with no problems. The morning after i took it to my local Chevy dealership (who's given me a hard time before when i took my car in for transmission problems because of my age) and they said they'd check it out, and check for any codes. Later that afternoon, not even two hours later they called me and said that there was nothing wrong with my car and that it drove perfectly fine and there weren't any codes, so now I've got my car back and am scared that if I put the trifecta tune back onto it it will cause even more problems. Does anyone know what caused these problems or have experienced these problems before, and what I should do to avoid them?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.