Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 cruze RS LTZ
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I have a 2015 RS LTZ with 61k miles, driving to work today on the highway and went to pass a truck, when the trans shifted down it didn't want to accelerate and was revving high for longer than normal, as I pressed the throttle it bogged down and the TCS, stabilitrac, ABS lights started flashing, then low oil pressure came up on the display and I had a cloud of white smoke trailing me, so I coasted about 200 yards to a safe place to pull over.
After pulling over I immediately shut the car off, opened the hood, coolant was full and clean, then saw a small amount of oil running down the turbo heat shield, I pulled the dip stick and it was not reading and white smoke was coming out of the oil fill and dip stick tube... so my wife brought a 5 quart jug of oil to me, it took 2.5 quarts to fill it, I then started the engine to see how bad the leak was and it hesitated to start, almost sounded like hydro lock, and didn't run smooth at all, white smoke was coming out of the exhaust and it was not wanting to throttle up at all... I wasn't trying to Rev it, just trying to move the car to a better spot for the tow truck. Anyway I'm hoping it's just a bad turbo and it dumped oil into the intake, but also worried it could've done more damage or chewed up the piston rings, I'm looking for some insight, ideas, experience... maybe someone has gone through this as well. Thank you all

·
Registered
2015 cruze RS LTZ
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
White smoke: does it smell like steam? If so, in my very limited experience you got a cracked head. Anti freeze is getting into the engine.: Good luck whatever it is.
Hey Jimmy thanks for chiming in, it doesn't smell like coolant, strong smell of oil. Pulling the turbo for inspection when I get up... graveyards suck lol

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,369 Posts

·
Registered
2015 cruze RS LTZ
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I pulled the turbo yesterday and that was definitely the problem, I can't see the cold side without disassembling it, but the exducer is just laying inside the housing, can't tell if the bearing went out or the shaft broke, but definitely turbo failure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts