Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new member here.
I have a 2013 Cruze LT 1.4 Turbo w/134000 miles. This is my son's car and he recently hit a large piece of wood while traveling down the road and busted the oil pan-large hole. I searched but could not find a "how to" type post for replacing oil pan and was hoping someone would be so kind as to steer me in the right direction or procedure. I'm probably going to purchase a used unit from dismantler yard but need to know the proper way to remove and install.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Because of how the exhaust runs you will need to disconnect it from the turbo in order remove the oil pan.

Once that is done you should be able to unbolt the pan. I found while I had mine off that there was a nub on the front of the pan that sat just inside the back of the crank pulley, so just a heads up for when you actually pull it off and get it back on.

·
Super Moderator
6,400 Posts
Hello, new member here.
I have a 2013 Cruze LT 1.4 Turbo w/134000 miles. This is my son's car and he recently hit a large piece of wood while traveling down the road and busted the oil pan-large hole. I searched but could not find a "how to" type post for replacing oil pan and was hoping someone would be so kind as to steer me in the right direction or procedure. I'm probably going to purchase a used unit from dismantler yard but need to know the proper way to remove and install.
Thanks
Welcome Aboard! :welcome:

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your son's Cruze here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Blasirl
Chevrolet Cruze Forums
CruzeTalk.com forum, news, discussions and the best community for owners to discuss all things related to the Chevy Cruze.
Full Forum Listing