Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to pick up my brand new black ltz cruze last week. The salesman said that it had been s strange day. I said what is wrong with my car. He said let's go take a look. As we get back to my car it has two dents in the trunk lid where the lot tech hit a delivery person walking across the service bay. He was injured but not seriousl. I drove my brand new car with two dents off the lot for the weekend. I went back today to see what the plan was. I really like my dealer and have faith that he will make it right. It sounds like we are going to give dent master a try. If that doesn't work than it may need a little body work. In exchange it sounds like he is going to order fogs for me and I will have to pay his cost plus I'm hoping he will do the install. I should mention that if the dentmaster didn't work he offered to replace my trunk lid with a new one if I wanted. I would rather have fogs and a repaired trunk as long as it looks new.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I don't really agree with what you decided to do, but that's just me.
Now if it was me in your shoes, i would demand a loaner car and have them get that fixed. Also fogs can be had for CHEAP, and easy to install. So i suggest you get them to replace the trunk lid, a body shop would probably bondo it depending how bad it is... now i wouldn't want bondo on my NEW car.

Its nice you have a good relationship with them, i really hope everything works out well. Keep us posted on it!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The general manager has always taken good care of me and actually helped me negotiate with Detroit to get me out of a 2006 cts that was burning a quart of oil every 900 miles without losing any money. I really hope the dentmaster works. If he has to paint it he is also going to do some other paint work for me for free. I want my bowtie emblems blacked out as well as the orange side markers and windows tinted. It will look nice regardless I'm sure.

Plus let me say compared to the five year old cts I just got out of this cruze kicks its butt all over the place. Mpg to interior quality I am very pleased with this cruze. GM did this one right.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I went to pick up my brand new black ltz cruze last week. The salesman said that it had been s strange day. I said what is wrong with my car. He said let's go take a look. As we get back to my car it has two dents in the trunk lid where the lot tech hit a delivery person walking across the service bay. He was injured but not seriousl. I drove my brand new car with two dents off the lot for the weekend.
I'd have to say that, even though you trust the dealer and say he's been good to you, I wouldn't have driven the car off the lot. You bought a new car without dents, and should expect to take delivery of a car that matches the condition you were expecting to purchase.

I went back today to see what the plan was. I really like my dealer and have faith that he will make it right. It sounds like we are going to give dent master a try. If that doesn't work than it may need a little body work.
Be aware that even a "little bit" of body work can be reported on a car's vehicle history, and it will forever reduce the value of the car. You can bet that no matter how much you trust that dealer, if you go back to him in a few years wanting to trade that cruze in for something new, the first thing he's going to do is point to the body work done and deduct value off the trade.

In exchange it sounds like he is going to order fogs for me and I will have to pay his cost plus
Why are you paying *anything*? This dealer just turned a massive mistake on his part into a sale of aftermarket accessories. I wouldn't take that. No deal!

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Be aware that even a "little bit" of body work can be reported on a car's vehicle history, and it will forever reduce the value of the car.
...if you plan on "keeping" the car until it dies, the above point is mute; but, if you don't, it's always going to be a "gotcha" when it comes to valuing the car for either sale or trade-in.

...your decision, your choice.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess I should be lucky that I have the dealer that I have. He has always taken good care of me. Anytime I have any service that needs done I can count on a vehicle to drive. He took me out of a Cadillac that I bought from him 3 years prior that was burning oil like nothing. It needed tires, had a noise in the power steering, the XM radio sound was horrible, and the battery needed replaced. He gave me full excellent KBB value back on my car plus helped me secure an additional $2500 from Detroit as compensation for the burning oil problem.

I got a call last night that the dent master procedure fixed the dents with no body or paint work needed. He won't list it on any damage report or vehicle history report I'm sure. He isn't going to make anything on my fogs as he is going to sell them to me at his cost and I'm hoping he will install them for my troubles.

I'm satisfied.

PS - It is snowing here in Ohio so my Cruze is sitting inside at the dealership all washed up and I am in a 4 wheel drive envoy loaner until this afternoon. I am so lucky!

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
that sounds like you made out ok. i think i would have done similar for my dealer, sometimes you gotta work with them. if you're willing to work with them but dont take any ****, they'll be there for you

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
As we get back to my car it has two dents in the trunk lid where the lot tech hit a delivery person walking across the service bay. He was injured but not seriousl. I
I guess the Ultrasonic Rear Park Assist was turned off, or it doesn't pick up on moving objects?

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts