Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I am the proud new owner of a 2015 Cruze LTZ and i love it.

I've had it for two weeks, and have noticed a loud noise while accelerating. It wasn't like this for the first week. Its almost like a hum. I know this car has a turbo, and while ive never had a car with a turbo i don't think its supposed to sound like this. I figured id post here before going into the dealer and potentially looking foolish.

Here is a link to a youtube video i published. if anyone can take a listen and let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXmptsHVP4s&feature=youtu.be

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
That sounds like it could be a bearing somewhere in the serpentine belt area, have the dealer check it out as it is a warranty issue.

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
I'm thinking you have a brake or fuel line rubbing the firewall a transfering the vibration into the cabin.....several members had this happen in the past.....weird noise...only on acceleration.

Rob

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hey Onianchee,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Cruze LTZ! Definitely don't hesitate to visit the dealership for any of your questions or concerns. They're in the best position to verify whether or not there's a potential issue with your vehicle. With that being said, we're also here to address any questions you may have and can even reach out to your dealership if necessary. Feel free to PM us your VIN and contact info if you ever need anything.
:)

Best,

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Let us know if you find a resolution. Mine sounds similar to that when accelerating it through the lower gears in my automatic. Thought it was normal as only used to here it in second or third, now it is consistent from first through third then disappears during fourth gear. Not sure if the noise is gone at that point or everything else going on drowns it out by that point. Sounds like a mini 18 wheeler doing a hard pull lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Let us know if you find a resolution. Mine sounds similar to that when accelerating it through the lower gears in my automatic. Thought it was normal as only used to here it in second or third, now it is consistent from first through third then disappears during fourth gear. Not sure if the noise is gone at that point or everything else going on drowns it out by that point. Sounds like a mini 18 wheeler doing a hard pull lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Maybe you could get a technician at your dealership to ride along with you on a test drive, mdubord1024? It's helpful to have a second set of ears when trying to pinpoint intermittent noises. If there's anything we can do to help we're just a private message away!

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
2 Posts
You figure it out? I'm having a similar problem
I have 1.7 LTZ VCDi 6-speed manual 2013 model with 30K miles, owned from new . I am beginning to hear similar noice. It is more like low-frequency Bass kind of noise at gear 2 and 3. On motorway speeds, it is not clear if the sound has gone away or all other noises overpower it. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also have a noise while accelerating, but your video is unavailable for me to listen and compare. This noise is very frustrating and affecting the power.

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
If it is happening under power it could be in the transmission of diff, or even a CV joint wearing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone!

I am the proud new owner of a 2015 Cruze LTZ and i love it.

I've had it for two weeks, and have noticed a loud noise while accelerating. It wasn't like this for the first week. Its almost like a hum. I know this car has a turbo, and while ive never had a car with a turbo i don't think its supposed to sound like this. I figured id post here before going into the dealer and potentially looking foolish.

Here is a link to a youtube video i published. if anyone can take a listen and let me know what you think.

Hello did you ever fix the problem my car just started doing that noise. I checked the wheel bearings and they seem fine, just looking for some help thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts