Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Sometimes it Drives me Crazy I hope we eventually get the HOW TO of turning it off somehow.
There is a thread here ( http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/9-general-discussion/171233-turning-off-autostop.html ); that touches on the subject of the Auto-stop feature @obermd mentions that turning the A/C on max and it will reduce the number of times auto-stop activates.

Might want to give that thread a read & post w/ your suggestions or needs & I am sure someone will gladly help if possible.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,488 Posts
Putting it in "L" and shifting to 6 will make the transmission go through the gears like normal, but not shut off at stops.

It really never bothered me much in 3 weeks of driving one. Just something new to get used to. They're all going that way.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,911 Posts
It really never bothered me much in 3 weeks of driving one. Just something new to get used to. They're all going that way.
Yup. That's why GM decided against an on/off button and just focused on making their system one of the best, least intrusive, in the business.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't get me wrong it seems to be very well implemented. I guess it is just going to take some getting used too. Thanks Everyone for the replies !

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,911 Posts
Don't get me wrong it seems to be very well implemented. I guess it is just going to take some getting used too. Thanks Everyone for the replies !
Yup, you will. All in due time. :)

Reactions: MadScientistX

·
Conservative Acoustic Foam
1,028 Posts
What about it was bothering you?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just the amount of times it would do it, I do alot of city driving my concern is the life of the Starter with all the stopping and starting unless it does it some other way. Any thoughts on this?

·
Conservative Acoustic Foam
1,028 Posts
Just the amount of times it would do it, I do alot of city driving my concern is the life of the Starter with all the stopping and starting unless it does it some other way. Any thoughts on this?
I gotcha, so it's just the fear of the unknowns at this point...the experience isn't bad or anything like that?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I haven't been bothered by it at all. But the easiest way to turn it off (for me at least) is to buy the tune from Trifecta. In performance mode it turns autostop off. I leave mine in performance mode 90% of the time.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I haven't been bothered by it at all. But the easiest way to turn it off (for me at least) is to buy the tune from Trifecta. In performance mode it turns autostop off. I leave mine in performance mode 90% of the time.
It's not because of autostop that I leave it in performance mode either, I just like the extra pizzazz that it has in performance and it doesn't seem to affect the gas mileage much if at all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.