Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Cruze with 85k miles on it and just recently my radiator fan stopped working wich in turn affected my A/C at idle. Since that issue has now been remedied i feel as though my A/c isnt pushing out as much air into the cabin that it used to even on lower fan speeds.

I still tried to run my A/C for a few days while it wasnt working propery, should I recharge my A/c with freon and would that help or should i look at something else to see what couldve affected my fan speed?

·
Registered
14 Posts
my A/c isnt pushing out as much air into the cabin that it used to even on lower fan speeds.
Maybe check the cabin filter, it might need to be replaced. If you haven't replaced it since 2013, it definitely needs to be replaced. Does the air coming out, no metter how slowly, feel cold when the A/C is on? Test it with a thermometer and see how cold it is. You don't want to overfill with refrigerant.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Maybe check the cabin filter, it might need to be replaced. If you haven't replaced it since 2013, it definitely needs to be replaced. Does the air coming out, no metter how slowly, feel cold when the A/C is on? Test it with a thermometer and see how cold it is. You don't want to overfill with refrigerant.
I brought a 2015 that never had it replaced, & oh my!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah, I bought a 2012 that belonged to a smoker recently, and the cabin air filter had never ever been changed. Needless to say, there wasn't much airflow at all through the vents.

All you have to do is drop the glove box past the stops, and there's your air filter. I like the filters with carbon or activated charcoal in them. They do better at eliminating odors.

The people who sell filters recommend changing them every year or 12,000 miles. I'm not sure you need to change them that often, but don't let it get this bad...

·
Registered
41 Posts
That's why I brought what I have above & love it!
Yeah, I bought a 2012 that belonged to a smoker recently, and the cabin air filter had never ever been changed. Needless to say, there wasn't much airflow at all through the vents.

All you have to do is drop the glove box past the stops, and there's your air filter. I like the filters with carbon or activated charcoal in them. They do better at eliminating odors.

The people who sell filters recommend changing them every year or 12,000 miles. I'm not sure you need to change them that often, but don't let it get this bad...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh god I don’t know if it’s been replaced since I bought the vehicle,

85k miles that’s probably a good start and I’ll check that lol. I’ll use a thermometer as well before and after to measure if there is a difference

·
Registered
76 Posts
so.... the cheapest cabin filter on rockauto.com is 6 dollars. but then you got shipping. the cheapest filter at Advanced Auto is $10.47.

and i replaced mine for the first time in 2 years. (also forgot i had one) the A/C on fan speed 2 was COLD today.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.