Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Cruze lt2 with about 58k. Not sure why but I'm having more issues with my coolant level. I keep adding but seems as if it's just evaporating or getting into the core and also emitting an odor. It's faint but I can smell it. I know this was an issue in regards to coolant and the Cruze before because I read about it. Seems to be an issue and was wondering if it's really a factory defect, will gm cover it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,374 Posts
2012 Cruze lt2 with about 58k. Not sure why but I'm having more issues with my coolant level. I keep adding but seems as if it's just evaporating or getting into the core and also emitting an odor. It's faint but I can smell it. I know this was an issue in regards to coolant and the Cruze before because I read about it. Seems to be an issue and was wondering if it's really a factory defect, will gm cover it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you read through any of this yet?

Antifreeze Smell Thread

Also this from Dr. Ober <GRIN>

Water pump or coolant tank cap. This is a sign of one of these two leaking under pressure. Get a bottle of coolant dye and dump it in your coolant. Then you'll be able to find the leak with a flashlight.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
As ChevyGuy added it could also be a pressure leak at the spider coupler on the coolant tank side of the engine block.

·
Registered
45 Posts
on my MY2014 1.6L T the coolant was leaking from the reservoir hose connection. The entire reservoir was replaced under warranty as it is a common fault.
The image on the left is the new one, you can see the brass inside the connection is the obvious diffrerence.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.