Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wheels go on the Cruze on Friday.
In the next few weeks I’m looking to either tune it, or lower the car.
Idk what to do.
Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Both are great opinions. What’s the budget set for it? I paid 800 for my Bilstien B14 and 160 for white like sway bar. 550 will be install, alignment and corner balance. Tune will be the easiest however handling will help with Evasive maneuvers so I will prioritize that

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
1,296 Posts
After doing a tune in my Gen 1, I can’t really recommend it enough. Night and day. That gets my vote.

Reactions: txcruze26

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Ohh side benefits of coil overs. If your struts and shocks are worn it’s a perfect time to upgrade. Worn shocks will really suck for emergency maneuvers.

·
Premium Member
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
76 Posts
I would probably do a tune. I'm a performance trumps astetics guy so I'm biased.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My current suspension system has no issues.
It only has 25k miles for a 3 year old car, so everything is in good condition.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
My current suspension system has no issues.
It only has 25k miles for a 3 year old car, so everything is in good condition.
Well a tune will be fast and easy so seems a good first step then suspension.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I was to go with a lowering kit, which would you recommend?
I’m looking for something adjustable, but not too expensive.
Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
If I was to go with a lowering kit, which would you recommend?
I’m looking for something adjustable, but not too expensive.
Suggestions?
If you want good quality it won’t be cheap, cheap won’t be that good of ride or last as long. Let’s start with what the goal is, do you want it to handle really nice or would you just go for looks. What’s the suspension budget you have set.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
I’d say $700 AT MOST $800 nothing more than $800
And yes I would go with adjustable.
You can get cheaper Taiwan or China made coils for that and self install since it’s not too hard. If you get another 100 you can get adjustable bilstien B14 coilovers. Sure a bit expensive however they are able to rebuild them down the line, and arguably the best offered for the Cruze.

You can get Godspeed or Megan racing for 650ish. Choice is up to you, personally I hate cheap coils and take German/USA/Japan made over
Taiwan or China any day but I’m the kind of guy who will save up a few more months and be happy I spent the $ later. (Edit:linked a gen 1 kit not 2. Fixed that.). Sorry I just noticed you’re a gen 2 so options will be more limited.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,861 Posts
Tune it.

My Gen 2 bottoms out or scrapes the front lip all over town (hilly area). Can't imagine lowering it.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
9,197 Posts
I have a Gen I and it is lowered and tuned. Like Maven said, what is your priority. Do you want the looks or the increased stoplight to stoplight power? If what jblackburn said above is true, go with the tune. I have the Whiteline sway-bar and a few Ultra-Racing strut bars along with Bilstein sport struts/shocks and Eibach springs. With the tune, I only step on it on know smooth roads as the extra oomph will also rocket you up when you hit a dip and the suspension does not like that.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I put Eibach springs on mine and it really changed how it felt and looked. Like others have said here what's your priority, looks or performance? And are you concerned about warranty at all? That's why I didn't tune mine because I didn't want to deal with that at the dealer in any way shape or form. But everyone's needs are different.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
1,296 Posts
I put Eibach springs on mine and it really changed how it felt and looked. Like others have said here what's your priority, looks or performance? And are you concerned about warranty at all? That's why I didn't tune mine because I didn't want to deal with that at the dealer in any way shape or form. But everyone's needs are different.
I had the dealer fix the oil pan on mine and didn’t even bother with taking the tune off :LOL: I doubt they test drove it, but if they did they definitely knew.

·
Registered
209 Posts
lower it tune would void your warranty and you will probably blow it up

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
lower it tune would void your warranty and you will probably blow it up
A tune won’t blow anything up on a healthy engine. Does GM computer show you altered the tune? 100% yes and if there is a major problem then warranty dispute will be much harder. However GM has to prove your tune caused the problem. They can’t blame your tune on why a water pump failed.

·
Registered
209 Posts
uhh how do you explain my car and other peoples car blowing up on a bone stock car with just a kn filter dropin ? lol i wouldnt modify this thing even if the parts/labor were free

1 - 20 of 29 Posts