Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have been working on replacing the transmission on my 2011 LT and since I got a lot of things more accessible I have been replacing hoses that appear old. I am having trouble getting the lower hose off of the radiator. I have the clip out but it doesn't want to budge. Since everything is plastic I don't want to end up breaking anything by getting too forceful with it. Anyone got any ideas that could help or is there something I'm forgetting? Thanks for any help you can give me!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Are we talking the hose that's on the drivers side of the engine, or the passenger side? The lower hose is actually the hose on the water pump side of the engine, but I don't think that's the hose you are trying to remove. Ok I read your post again, you are talking about removing the clips, that is the lower hose. That is clipped to the thermostat with a quick disconnect fitting. Use a pick, remove the metal clip that surrounds the hose connection, once clip is either fully removed or pulled all the way back you can wiggle it off. It took a good pull, but it did come of the thermostat.

I believe the hose is the same clip connection on the radiator. Don't loose the o-ring gaskets in these hoses. If you do you'll never get them to seat. Wipe them with some silicone spray, reinstall the clip first, and then carefully push the hose onto the connection. You'll hear it clip into place.

. Worst case consider removing the thermostat from the water pump with the hose intact.. Then you could rotate the hose on the radiator before trying to pull it off.

Careful of the thermostat gasket. that takes a lot of heat, if you pull it apart there, I might suggest replacement of this $8 gasket. I used AcDelco when I did the water pump. You might find a felpro cheaper.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
Thanks for the info. I was finally able to get just the right sized screwdriver into a spot and gently wedge and wiggle and finally got it to let loose from the radiator without goofing anything up. the topside came off fine for me. Thanks for again for the tips!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply Ravenkeeper! I think plastic on plastic just gets stuck and there is just no getting around it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts