Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up! Well I've had my ECO for 3 months now 10,000 miles love it. Only prob so far is when a rabbit commits suicide! He went right threw my lower grill and shutters , shattered them!! SO my question is some protection, some billit alum., or stainless grill to protect add a little strength! any ideas out there? thanks ya'll

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I am not sure what the grill attaches to, but I'm guessing it is the plastic bumper. You may be better off with the plastic break away grill. If you hit anything else big enough to break the grill it may just take out the whole bumper if you have a metal grill.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Just repair it back to stock.....odds are favorable you will not encounter many suicidal wildlife for the next few cars.

Rob
Unless your name is sciphi. He had three different animals run in front of him in less than a year.

To OP - the grill shutters are way back from the inlet so I think if you put chicken wire between the back of the bumper and the shutter box you should be ok.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the shutters are a three piece unit that screws to the back side of the front bumper unit. Kinda crappy set up, at $400 dealer cost on 3/27/14, or gmpartsdirect $260 a pop, something will be better than the plastic. a rabbit or wildlife here wasted every day here is the norm for my area.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
the shutters are a three piece unit that screws to the back side of the front bumper unit. Kinda crappy set up, at $400 dealer cost on 3/27/14, or gmpartsdirect $260 a pop, something will be better than the plastic. a rabbit or wildlife here wasted every day here is the norm for my area.
If you can get under the front of the car, try securing a large mesh wire screen using the same mount points the shutter box uses. Baring that, one of these might help.

Line Line art Illustration Parallel Black-and-white
:)

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Dang and more than enough Grasshoppers , Tarantulas , Snakes , But no Deer .. Did ya atleast get Rabbit stew ?

·
Registered
130 Posts
You could just remove the shudders and leave the brackets and motors in place. As long as the motor still moves you shouldn't get a CEL and you wouldn't need a new fuel module.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts