Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Look in the classified section. 2 people had used eibach springs for $150 I believe. Thats a great deal.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I will try to post some pics when I figure out how. Had the car a week and have so far put on an air intake and powdercoated the wheels, painted the calipers and drums. So much to do still !!

·
Registered
574 Posts
I want to get lowering springs but living in michigan it isnt really an option. Lol

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
I know h&r and possibly b&g had problem not lowering the car in front has that issue been fixed. And which of eibach, bg, hr go the lowest?
The question you should be asking is which one will give me the best driving characteristics without sacrificing geometry. The other question you should ask is will my shocks hold up with lowering. lower looks cool but if it ruins the car how cool do you look than. I would say instead of searching for the cheapest ones you can get search for the best ones you should get that fits your budget!

I am not bashing just trying to enlighten :eek:)

·
Registered
223 Posts
The question you should be asking is which one will give me the best driving characteristics without sacrificing geometry. The other question you should ask is will my shocks hold up with lowering. lower looks cool but if it ruins the car how cool do you look than. I would say instead of searching for the cheapest ones you can get search for the best ones you should get that fits your budget!
I am not bashing just trying to enlighten :eek:)
I don't need enlightened or talked to like a 17 year old kid. I asked a simple question if b&g and h&r have revised their springs to properly lower the car level. Then you had to be "that guy" every forum has them that gives this deep all knowing, I'm superior answer. I've owned 20+ lowered vehicles, I know what I'm doing. I never mentioned price, but you threw that in there when price is no object. I'm surprised you didn't go the "you know to properly lower the vehicle you should buy coilovers" I've owned cars with coilovers, but can't justify the cost on a cheap car that rarely gets driven. You also tossed in some bs about me not caring about steering geometry and driving characteristics like the millions if lowered cars on springs are just garbage and it shouldn't be done. I'm sure you've read up on how lowering springs destroy factory struts. I've known people that have gone years and 50k+ miles lowered on stock struts just fine. I'll get an alignment when done if I can scrap up the spare change after buying my under glow kit and kamikaze blitz body kit primed of course McDonald's doesn't pay that much. My ITR lowered on stock struts probably would of destroyed your professional setup suspension cars at a SCCA event or my modded SRT-4 **** even my 4,000 lbs TBSS would of too. But hey all I was curious about was if these companies have improved their products, thanks for your post I gotta go my prepaid phone about to get shut off. I'm sure there's some kids asking about putting HIDS in their stock housing you need to school on how dangerous it is and how it threatens the life of oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
158 Posts
i heard the shocks make alot of noise like they are bottoming out on front with eibachs. i have only heard this not experienced it myself

·
Registered
58 Posts
I want to get lowering springs but living in michigan it isnt really an option. Lol
I also live in michigan and every car that I've owned that wasn't a lease was lowered. Only time I got stuck in snow was my dodge charger and that because there was almost 2 feet of snow in the ground (Jan 2011). Haven't lowered the cruze yet because i have too much\ going on. Besides i'll probably go with coilovers this time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts