Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a '17 Redline. Anyone know if they are lower from the factory than other Cruzes? I know when pricing out the vehicle online you can opt for a factory lowering kit however I do not believe my car has this. Anyone making springs for the '17 yet?

Thanks
-Dan

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
I got a '17 Redline. Anyone know if they are lower from the factory than other Cruzes? I know when pricing out the vehicle online you can opt for a factory lowering kit however I do not believe my car has this. Anyone making springs for the '17 yet?

Thanks
-Dan
Only difference with redline (aside from visual changes) is that it has rear z-link suspension, which doesn't affect the height....the GM lowering springs will lower your car MAYBE .6 inches....so I'd wait until some more aftermarket stuff comes out....Unless, the suspoension isn't different from gen 1, then you have a plethora of ways to lower it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Only difference with redline (aside from visual changes) is that it has rear z-link suspension, which doesn't affect the height....the GM lowering springs will lower your car MAYBE .6 inches....so I'd wait until some more aftermarket stuff comes out....Unless, the suspoension isn't different from gen 1, then you have a plethora of ways to lower it.
U mm mm..... 6 inches?

Wait.... Never mind. Formating made it look like 6 inches not .6.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
257 Posts
getting my eibach pro kit springs on today cant wait!

·
Registered
257 Posts
there prototype springs i was the test car ill ask about price and drop and eta later when i get my car back

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also talked to Mike at Eibach. He did say there was a sedan coming in that week for a prototype fit. This was 2 weeks ago.
HBCruze2017 - Have any results or pics of the springs?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Subscribed and also wanting to lower my hatch some. Anyone also considering shocks in combo with lowering springs?

·
Registered
51 Posts
still no update?

·
Registered
257 Posts
i have the sedan test ones on my car as we speak but they have to do some changes and not able to post any photos until the new ones are done and on the car sorry guys!

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,105 Posts
Subscribed and also wanting to lower my hatch some. Anyone also considering shocks in combo with lowering springs?
I recommend getting shocks / struts to go with the springs. I have Bilsteins with Eibachs on my 2014. Without them your risk bottoming out much more often and looking like a ricer bouncing back and forth all the time.

·
Registered
257 Posts
its a new car and the drop isnt crazy so we will be fine but doubt there is anything released yet

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
these cars have been out almost 2 years i'm surprised that no one has produced any aftermarket suspension components for them.

Believe it or not; there aren't many places that have 2018 parts listed at all...You still have to search their sites for 2017's.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts