Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has it been done yet? Is it possible? Oh, the fun that would be.

·
10,695 Posts
Has it been done yet? Is it possible? Oh, the fun that would be.
Would a LS4 even fit?

No one has swapped a darn thing into one. Except those crazies in Thailand.

Someone needs to go ahead and do a 2.0T swap at the very least.
Value of both cars is there if both found totalled in good drivetrain condition.

·
Premium Member
3,958 Posts
There are one or two LS-swapped Cobalts. Both are also converted to RWD.

One was a full-on tube frame custom build, the other used most of the drivetrain from a GTO and was a lot more "normal" - and also complete. The former was never finished, to my knowledge.

RWD Chevy Cobalt with a LS2 – Engine Swap Depot

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I win the lottery, I will put an LS3/6speed/RWD in one. Just for fun.

·
2,253 Posts
If I won the lottery, a Cruze is the farthest car from my mind.
Nah, I would still drive the Cruze so I didn't flash that I have millions......until I press the gas pedal.

Already got my dream engine swap memorized:
-5.7 liter LS6
-Cam: 228/232 duration, 0.600/0.600 lift, and 112 LSA from Crane Cams,
-Headman Mid Length Headers with 1.75 inch primaries to 3 inch collectors and then straight 3 inch back to 12 inch Dynomax Bullet mufflers with turn downs.
-No X-Pipe.

Imagine this sound in a Cruze lol (go to :28)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol. Easy swap.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
I've thought about this more than once. I work at a Chevrolet dealer and considered swapping with the 2.0T from the malibu
It should theoretically fit. The 1.5T and 2.0T are interchanged in the Malibu and Equinox, so I'd hazard to guess the room is there. The mounting looks identical for the 1.4T and 1.5T.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
250 horsepower from a factory engine would be a heck of an upgrade. And maybe the PCV system isn't junk in the 2.0T.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm actually dumb founded that they didn't offer the Verano turbo engine in the 2nd gen Cruze Premium. What the **** is the difference between the chassis of a Verano and a Cruze (GM gurus chime in)? 250hp is great premium option over a pathetic 160hp. Geez!

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
I'm actually dumb founded that they didn't offer the Verano turbo engine in the 2nd gen Cruze Premium. What the **** is the difference between the chassis of a Verano and a Cruze (GM gurus chime in)? 250hp is great premium option over a pathetic 160hp. Geez!
Premier, and it's the brand thing. The Chevrolet shouldn't have the nicest things.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Seems the 3.6 from the Impala would stand a much better chance of fitting yet still have loads of power. :D

Maybe the LF3 twin-turbo version. 420 horse and 430 lb.-ft. - YEE HA!

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Seems the 3.6 from the Impala would stand a much better chance of fitting yet still have loads of power. :D

Maybe the LF3 twin-turbo version. 420 horse and 430 lb.-ft. - YEE HA!
No way. :p Although, the 2018 Traverse fits a 3.6 and a 2.0T, and the 2018 Equinox fits a 2.0T and a 1.5T, and the 1.5T and 1.4T looks like it should fit.

I mean, the Camaro fits the 2.0T, 3.6, AND the 6.2. 6.2 swap the Cruze.

#logic?

·
Premium Member
3,958 Posts
The 2.0T would be more than potent enough - especially with how well it responds to tuning/mods.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts