Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I took a lot less photos than anticipated, but I got the ones that are significant, so here they are:

Fuel pump I found on ebay for 75 shipped (I think 75, it was somewhere in the 50-75 range):

FYI, I already removed the FLVV at this point, that is shown here:

Removing the tank from the car (that's my ol' man in the photo):

FLVV's side by side:

I have yet to fill the car up to see if this actually worked (have a wedding to go to in a bit, and am driving by the station that sells no ethanol 93, so I am just going to fill up on the way and will report back), but overall it was a fairly straightforward install. The only thing that I wish I would have known up front is how that FLVV actually comes out. You only need to pop those two tabs and it pulls right out. The fuel pump I purchased with the smaller FLVV appeared like you had to remove the tabs, and the two white tabs on the top of the FLVV additionally, but that is not true. Just pop the two bottom tabs, and yank with a good amount of force.

:wub: 700 mile fill ups :wub:

Tyler

·
Premium Member
2,235 Posts
Without searching Google, I know lazy, what is a FLVV and how does this attribute to increased fuel capacity? How hard was it to remove the tank without spilling fuel from the connected lines?

·
Administrator
24,990 Posts
FLVV is the Fuel Level Vent Valve. Removing the gas tank safely requires a lift in a well ventilated area. The tank should also be mostly empty to reduce the risk of spillage and dropping the tank. However, doing so will also increase the risk of a spark caused gas explosion as there will be more gasoline vapors in the tank.

·
Premium Member
2,235 Posts
FLVV is the Fuel Level Vent Valve. Removing the gas tank safely requires a lift in a well ventilated area. The tank should also be mostly empty to reduce the risk of spillage and dropping the tank. However, doing so will also increase the risk of a spark caused gas explosion as there will be more gasoline vapors in the tank.
So going Tim Allen and using a 2000HP automatic, tubo diesel, polyinjected, supercharged lift would be a bad idea. Got it.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Isn't that the Filling Limit Valve? The FLV increases the amount of fuel in the tank not the FLVV which is only the vapor vent. The tank drop isn't all that bad can be done with jack stands and a floor jack when I swaped to the Buick pump it took about 1hr

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
Merc6
Chevrolet Cruze Forums
CruzeTalk.com forum, news, discussions and the best community for owners to discuss all things related to the Chevy Cruze.
Full Forum Listing