Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an LTZ and the automatic climate control. When I'm driving and it's not terribly hot out, I turn the AC off, set the mode and fan manually. Most of the time, the AC will automatically come on (the AC button is still not lit) for a few minutes (I can feel the air get significantly colder) and then turn off again. I can also watch the instantaneous gas mileage go down when this happens. I'd really like the AC to stay off when I turn it off.

Anyone else notice this? Is there something wrong?

My Oldsmobile that I had before the Cruze, had an "ECON" button instead of the AC button. It was great because if you pressed it when the system was off, it automatically set the fan to 2, the mode to front vents (no feet or defrost), and the AC off. I wish the cruze had an easy way to set the system to something similar.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Grrrr, yes!! Today sucked with the rain/humidity too. I after I got the windows clear, I tried shutting it off. It came back on automatically again, apparently when it registered a certain humidity level.

The only cure I've found is to shut the system completely off with the power button. Luckily it saves your settings, so turning it on/off isn't hard. I actually roll with mine completely off most of the time now, and have the sunroof and back windows vented.

If you power the system off and/or hit the A/C button when it has magically cycled on, then hit it again, the system will reset that part and shut the compressor off. But it's only a matter of time before it kicks on again.

Also, make sure to have the AQS (air quality sensor) turned off. That'll trigger the A/C to come on more. It's the little button down in the lower right.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts