Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this morning I went into McDonalds for some coffee and when I pulled up to park, my car engine shut off with the DIC showing "No Remote Found...." Confused I pressed the start button to shut down the rest of the car and walked in. Grabbed my coffee and walked up to my car, grabbed the door..... And noting. So I grabbed my keys and pressed the "Unlock Button" and.... Nothing. Okay, I thought to myself , must be a bad battery. So I flipped open the key and unlocked my door. Well somehow my car engaged the alarm when I was inside grabbing my coffee. So here I am in the parking lot at 9am with my alarm going nuts and everyone watching. Meanwhile the car is now disabled and freaking out! So I closed the door and drank my coffee thinking "how can I get to work". Well the coffee must have kicked in right away! I pulled out my phone and launched the OnStar App and via satellite I remotely unlocked my car. So I jumped in and the car LOCKED me in! Crap! So I can either, jump out and have the alarm sound or press the start button and hope for the best. So I pressed the start button and...... Nothing. Ugh..... So I remembered there's that little key hole under the E break. So I put my key in and pressed the start button.... NOTHING AGAIN! Well crap, I'm stuck at McDonalds. Out of pure anger I kept pressing the start button, over and over. All the sudden, it starts! I drove to work without any problems, put the car in park without any problems. I tested the keyless system in the parking lot and everything works great. So I really have no idea what happened, but thank goodness for OnStar, without that I'd be calling roadside and at the dealer taking an entire day off work.

Is there any way to disable the alarm system by just using the key??

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was forced to put the key inside the console, it took a few press of the button to start the car.

There's honesty no way to disable the alarm when it's going off and the fob is dead.

So far the car seems okay, there must have been some other radio interference around disabling my keyless system.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.