Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I need help from you LTZ owners, unfortunately the LTZ is the only model that comes with disc brakes all around. I have confirmed with GM that my rear axle is the same used in the LTZ and has the slots and everything to install the same calipers used on the LTZ, I have an LS by the way. I have also confirmed the master cylinder is the same, so by the sounds of it all I need is the calipers and rotors and the hardware. Unfortuantly the stupid GM dealer won't look the part number up unless I have a LTZ VIN. I keep getting the same parts guy and he always tells me he can't look up parts without the VIN and it won't show rear brakes with an LS VIN...:uhh:

Anyway, my luck at finding stuff online has been slim and I don't want to order the wrong parts for a large sum of money and not be able to return.. I haven't looked in a while though. I was hoping some of you LTZ owners could get the part numbers for these and let me know? I am sure I could find out the rest from there. Or if you know of someone who has a wrecked Cruze LTZ in your area and would be willing to ship the parts to me I would be more than willing to pay you..

Thank you for any assistance!

Cruze on!

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Hey guys,

So I need help from you LTZ owners, unfortunately the LTZ is the only model that comes with disc brakes all around.
All 2012+ 2LT models have rear disc brakes as well. In 2011 the rear disc brakes, 17in rims and sport tuned suspension were optional on the 2LT.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
You might want to try gmpartsdirect.com. They have a on-line catalog. And they ask you to call them before ordering to make sure you have the right thing.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Registered
481 Posts
This. And! You'll want to check the schematics. The conversion will also require an adaptor plate, possible parking brake cables, and possibly brake hoses.

·
10,712 Posts
The rear axle was tricky as Z link was given to the LS in 11-12's with drum rear brakes. Has anyone sat down and actually converted? Most the time threads like this go on then die off because the cost to convert the rear exceeded the trade in value towards the car with Disc and other amenities.

OP is a 2014 LS if that helps.

Diesel falls under 2LT so it also has rear disc but bolt pattern is not the same as the rest of us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts