Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Cruze LTZ

Any other LTZ owners having very slow response times on their proximity sensors when walking up to the car? I always end up walking up to the car, pulling on the door handles...still locked...happens several times and then the car finally wakes up and unlocks itself. The trunk is the worst, I stand and wait and wait and wait with my finger on the trunk release waiting for it. Bought the car in April, always been slow. I even changed the battery, no difference, still very slow. I noticed the trunk will pop quicker if I hold the keys way up in the air...but what's the point? The point is to keep the keys in your pocket and not need them.

The proximity sensors/entry on my C6 Vette was GREAT. I loved it. And that was a 2008 at the time. 4 years later and things are worse.

Any suggestions other than to keep looking like an idiots standing next to his car, pulling on the door handle, wondering why it wont unlock? It's great for getting strange looks from other people.

·
Registered
191 Posts
No problems here. If it is happening regularly, I'd bring it to the dealer. How many seconds of delay are we talking about?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Mine works great also. As I pull the handle it unlocks fast. Even the rear doors unlock as it should. Does it happen the same way with the second remote?:)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The delay can be probably 5-10 seconds I would guess.

It seems to function properly when I approach from the front of the car. The side is a little worse, and approching the rear of the vehicle is the worst.

Haven't tried the other remote yet, I'll have to try it this week.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Mine was born 2/23/12 and seems to sense fine. I played around with it a little because I was curious, and about the farthest it would pick up the signal was at the very edge of the back window. If I laid it on the edge of the back window against the truck, it wouldn't work. If I picked it up off the car and moved it out kinda over the side of the car, it would work. If I moved it back farther than that, it wouldn't.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^ Exactly. So when I approach the vehicle from the rear (which seems to be the majority of the time), keys in my pocket...it hardly picks up. Unless I practically press the keys against the trunk/bumper, then the delay finally starts.

Sounds like they got cheap and didn't put a sensor in the back...

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
2012 Cruze LTZ

Any other LTZ owners having very slow response times on their proximity sensors when walking up to the car? I always end up walking up to the car, pulling on the door handles...still locked...happens several times and then the car finally wakes up and unlocks itself. The trunk is the worst, I stand and wait and wait and wait with my finger on the trunk release waiting for it. Bought the car in April, always been slow. I even changed the battery, no difference, still very slow. I noticed the trunk will pop quicker if I hold the keys way up in the air...but what's the point? The point is to keep the keys in your pocket and not need them.

The proximity sensors/entry on my C6 Vette was GREAT. I loved it. And that was a 2008 at the time. 4 years later and things are worse.

Any suggestions other than to keep looking like an idiots standing next to his car, pulling on the door handle, wondering why it wont unlock? It's great for getting strange looks from other people.

MetallicaMatt,
Have you had your dealer look into this for you? If you have not already I would suggest that you take your Cruze into your dealer and have them look into this for you. I would like you to keep me posted and if you have any other questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
191 Posts
^^ Exactly. So when I approach the vehicle from the rear (which seems to be the majority of the time), keys in my pocket...it hardly picks up. Unless I practically press the keys against the trunk/bumper, then the delay finally starts.

Sounds like they got cheap and didn't put a sensor in the back...
I don't find this to be the case with my Cruze. I approach the car from the back all the time at work and don't see a delay. Well, sometimes there might be a second or so of delay opening the trunk (not the doors), but I attribute that to the trunk button being a little hard to push.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
I usually back into the parking space at work, and then approach it from the front then.

Out of curiosity, is the key fob in your left or right pocket when you walk up to the car? I'm wondering if you have it in your left, if that's too far away and maybe the right pocket would sense better.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If I approach from the front or the side, it appears to function correctly. If I approach directly from the back, I get the delay. I thought perhaps it was the button for the trunk as well, but I've gotten very good at hitting the button without feeling around and pressing the button firmly. So since I approach the trunk directly, the left/right side pocket doesn't make a difference. If I approach and put that pocket, touching the bumper, then it will unlock quickly...this shouldn't have to happen in my opinion.

Based on the drawing, perhaps there is an issue with the sensor in the bumper

1 - 13 of 13 Posts