Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those of you that enjoy your music, here is an option that may work for you. I just installed a set of speakers on the back deck of my 2016 LT Gen2. They are top mounted in to the factory cut outs and look very sleek.

Focal Access 690AC 6x9, 150W each @ 4 Ohm
690 AC

Powered buy a Focal Impulse 4.320 digital amplifier, bridged 2 x 160 Watts
Impulse 4.320 - Focal

Instead of cracking the dash and messing with the OEM headunit I tapped into the rear door speaker leads and direct to the high-level inputs of the amp. (Note: if you want all bass possible tap into the front doors, there is a low pass crossover to the rear doors). With the battery in the trunk power hook up was a snap and every thing is neatly tucked away with minimal wiring.

This by no means has created a window thumping boom box but it has filled out the sound to produce incredible clear crisp highs and solid clean lows even at high volume. I am no longer plagued by that empty feeling of no sound from behind me. I am now warmly embraced from all directions in a glorious warmth of audio bliss.

Focal is a little more pricey than say a Kenwood or Pioneer system but personally I find the quality of sound is well worth the extra money. For the DIY guys out there this will run ya about $400, if you shop around. I have come to appreciate the craftsmanship and convenience of the pros so I took this job to a local sound shop, all in for $1100.

Bottom Line, I luv the car, I luv my Sound.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is very interesting to me, I am new to the forum and recently purchased a 2016 LT RS with the Bose 9 speaker system and I am very disappointed on sound quality. I didn't want to add an amp, but to get clear sound I am going your route. Did you take any pictures of the install?

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
This is very interesting to me, I am new to the forum and recently purchased a 2016 LT RS with the Bose 9 speaker system and I am very disappointed on sound quality. I didn't want to add an amp, but to get clear sound I am going your route. Did you take any pictures of the install?
The Bose system will be much more difficult to modify, as you already have an amp and rear speakers installed. The OP likely had the 6 speaker non-Bose system, making his install much easier.

·
Registered
99 Posts
OP, glad you are enjoying your audio experience.

I just want to say, for anyone looking to get a better sound system in their cars, or even homes, take a little time and read up on XR's SQ v2 thread or his webpage. Even if you don't go with the components he suggests you will have a better understanding on what to look for to suit your tastes. Audio these days is not a throw more money at it and it's guaranteed to get better situation, education, research and intelligent execution will save many dollars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts