Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
14 Diesel Cruze, ‘14 volt, ‘72 442
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I haven’t seen anyone upgrade their exhaust besides the delete portion. Has anyone done or can recommend a “downpipe” back setup. I don’t want to straight pipe it, but it has a nice sound, but I think maybe slightly bigger pipes and muffler? Or would I lose back pressure with that and open up a can of worms? It would be nice to have a bit more throat

· Registered
82 Posts
From the turbo back:

DOC-DPF-Flex-SCR. There is no muffler in the system, only emissions reduction devices. In short, there isn't really an option outside of deleting stuff. Less back pressure is good for the turbo, but ultimately, unless you're doing a bunch of tuning, probably all moot at best.

· Premium Member
14 Diesel Cruze, ‘14 volt, ‘72 442
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m more looking for sound really, and I guess the SCR then. It is tuned and deleted but was looking for a bit more noise but not straight pipe. Not sure what my options are, thanks

· COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
7,107 Posts
Magnaflow was working on one for a while, and then decided they weren't.

Unless it was larger, I didn't really see the point - it's already 2.5" and doesn't have a muffler so...what exactly would they change?

Reactions: Tomko
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.