Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming back home, I pulled in at 5mph, coasted to a crawl, and pulled the hand brake to stop the car. This is what I saw when I got out of the car. No inching forward, no backing up, just one sweep into the parking spot and pull the hand brake.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Son pulled this trick at my granddaughter's dance recital, well not quite this close, would give his about a foot. Then another guy pulled him behind him pulling the same trick.

We had to wait about another 10 minutes so one of the vehicles would move before we could get out. Personally would prefer a few more microns, so we could leave when we wanted to.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
My wife pulled this "close parking trick" the other day. By simply driving right into a Ford Escape. No damage was done and the lady was very nice (and in the car, of course). So... I think she got a little closer than even you. Nicely done though lol

·
Registered
479 Posts
I don't fully understand was this a 180 handbrake turn into the space , if so then that's impressive think you have to be going a lot faster than 5 mph to get it to do a full 180 with the parking brake

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Psh, come back when you can drift into a parking space with the parking brake.
Did that at work one morning last winter when there was snow on the lot. Had to do a 180 to pull it off. Wasn't quite centered but I was entirely in my spot.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Rookie.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
View attachment 85313

You definitely win but I think second place belongs to me :p
I park my wife's car that close to the garage door every Halloween with the driver's side tires hanging just slightly off the edge of the pavement. Then I fold the passenger mirror on her car in and back my car up to the same position relative to the door. The cars are so close together than you have to fold the mirrors to avoid hitting them with the other car.

It does take a few minutes and a couple of tries with her car as I don't drive it enough to know exactly where the front end is. Mine on the other hand is two passes. The first lines up my car and the second one actually backs up the driveway. I don't have a rear camera which would help. The rear sensors are useless because they think I'm going to hit her car I'm so close.

The reason I do this is to give the evening's tiny "extortionists" as much space on my driveway as possible and it keeps them from tromping through my gardens and grass.

I still think Andrei's construction paper holder beats this. That's inside the wiggle room of a transmission in park.

·
Premium Member
4,646 Posts
I don't know Mike... the top of his license plate looks pretty wavy, like it may have been straightened a few times. Maybe Andrei has been practicing this move for months and snapped a pic when he finally got it right! :)

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't know Mike... the top of his license plate looks pretty wavy, like it may have been straightened a few times. Maybe Andrei has been practicing this move for months and snapped a pic when he finally got it right! :)
LOL. It's wavy from when I got rear ended and pushed into the truck in front of me. I have yet to hit another car with mine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 19 of 19 Posts