Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After much research, reading the forums, into getting a performance muffler for my 2012 6spd turbo, I still have one sorta big question I haven't seem to have found an answer for. My local muffler guy who has installed many brand name performance mufflers on my other vehicles over the years, all of which have clearly improved my MPG, quoted me $258 for a Magnaflow muffler installed to replace my factory muffler. I plan on keeping the factory resonator in place so there's not too much more noise. I am really hoping to save a few pounds of weight to help economy and get better flow to get better economy. SO can anyone tell me if they have clearly improved their MPG? Thank you!

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,091 Posts
After much research, reading the forums, into getting a performance muffler for my 2012 6spd turbo, I still have one sorta big question I haven't seem to have found an answer for. My local muffler guy who has installed many brand name performance mufflers on my other vehicles over the years, all of which have clearly improved my MPG, quoted me $258 for a Magnaflow muffler installed to replace my factory muffler. I plan on keeping the factory resonator in place so there's not too much more noise. I am really hoping to save a few pounds of weight to help economy and get better flow to get better economy. SO can anyone tell me if they have clearly improved their MPG? Thank you!

Look at these threads How to Get Better Fuel Economy and Are Your Spark Plugs Gapped Incorrectly? to start with. While they may not specifically speak to the muffler, they will give you some ideas on increasing your mileage. Also the best thing you can do is throw out your lead foot. :1poke:

Also, to have more money to buy fuel, put the mufflers on yourself. Magnaflow Dual Exhaust DIY (RS Model)PICS!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts