Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

101 - 120 of 134 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Yeah I just have the magnaflow muffler sitting exactly where my stock res used to be, thats why I need a smaller muffler to make it sit in the stock chanel for the stock exhaust.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Aaron let me know if you dont know what I'm talking about. Maybe I confused you haha, if anythIng I'll take a pic of the exact piece I'm looking at! But I'm pretty sure magnaflow identifies it as the muffler part of the exhaust . Lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey Aaron, no idea if you guys stock them but do you guys carry Magnaflow mufflers....just the muffler though. After I install my coilovers my muffler will be sitting really low to the ground...im looking for a way to raise my exhaust so it sits where the stock res. used to sit. i found a smaller muffler on ZZP's website......what would you recommend?

These are the mufflers i was refferring to... Magnaflow - Magnaflow Resonators #

The muffler that is currently on my magnaflows is just too big to be raised.....with a smaller/skinnier muffler like these, i can manage to fit it!

Let me know what you can do/think of!
Thanks!
I second that! Especially the third muffler of the three!

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
If I went with the single output I woulda been able to raise is perfectly, but it's the location of the muffler on the dual setup, that doesn't fit in the stock exhaust Chanel and causes the muffler to sit really low + coilovers....... Not a good mix. So I'm waiting and debating what to do....... Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
116 Posts
you said "Magnaflow to ship you one direct on the 21st of Oct" does this mean the product isnt even gonna be avaliable till then?

·
Registered
316 Posts
On the single outlet setup. Is the Magnaflow muffler back where the resonator sits or in the stock position at the rear of the vehicle?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Look at the product photo on our site, you will see what section is replaced.... Basically everything behind the cat converter flange as shown.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Look at the product photo on our site, you will see what section is replaced.... Basically everything behind the cat converter flange as shown.
Yes, I understand that thank you. I was wondering if the Magnaflow muffler in the kit for the single exhaust was located in the tunnell under the middle of the vehicle or at the rear of the vehicle like the stock exhaust.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Single exhaust the muffler is in the rear of the car , the dual however sits in the exhaust tunnel In the middle of the car , kinda sucks when your running coilovers . Basically waited till it falls off lol, then I wil go straight pipes :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Were you referring to the dual outlet setup? The muffler in the middle of the vehicle sits too low? EDIT: I see by your sig you're running the duals. Does the muffler hang that much lower than the old resonator?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I believe it does because the magnaflow muffler is bigger in diameter and can't fit as deep into the tunnel. Or its already as deep as it can go but its so much bigger that it hangs low.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
if you dont go lower, your fine! if you run coilovers.......your screwed lol!

·
Registered
491 Posts
maybe this is a relevant question...

How different is the noise levels/pitch/tone etc... differ from the dual over the single (thinking muffler placement here)

101 - 120 of 134 Posts