Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am hoping for some help. I have a 2013 LT with 1.4l engine, manual trans, and the RS package (if that matters)

I am having a huge oil leak, it is absolutely everywhere under the vehicle and I have cleaned it several times but it just covers everything within a few miles. I added dye to the system and there is just so much oil that I can’t really tell where it’s coming from. I have re sealed the valve cover and the cam phasers because both of those were leaking. I then added dye and thoroughly cleaned everything and it’s covered. I believe that I see some oil at the junction of the head and block but I have no other indications that the head gasket may be blown, it runs like normal and has no issues with overheating.

I also wanted to ask, I removed the oil cap while the vehicle was running and it started running very poorly, I know that this is normal due to the PCV system on this car but it wasn’t pulling vacuum from the cap but was pumping air out, it had a good amount of pressure coming from the cap. I’m wondering if this is normal or if perhaps I may have an issue with the PCV system because I know on a normal car pressure like that with oil leaks means a failed PCV valve.

I’m going to include some pictures, I don’t know if they’ll be much help but hopefully You guys can see what I’m talking about.

Thanks for any help.

BTW these pictures are with less than 50 miles after everything was throughly cleaned.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,704 Posts
Yes, you have a PCV system issue, and the root of it is that check valve in the intake manifold being gone and/or not sealing properly.

www.cruzekits.com

From here, I'd suspect the oil cooler O-rings need to be replaced, or possibly the turbo oil feed (there's an updated design with a new O-ring on it)/drain line. If you're going in for the oil cooler, just do them all at the same time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, you have a PCV system issue, and the root of it is that check valve in the intake manifold being gone and/or not sealing properly.

www.cruzekits.com

From here, I'd suspect the oil cooler O-rings need to be replaced, or possibly the turbo oil feed (there's an updated design with a new O-ring on it)/drain line. If you're going in for the oil cooler, just do them all at the same time.
Thank you very much for the reply. I wanted to confirm before I started tossing money at it. I will check out Cruze kits and I’ll go ahead and do everything you’ve suggested just to be sure. Thank you again.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,704 Posts
Thank you very much for the reply. I wanted to confirm before I started tossing money at it. I will check out Cruze kits and I’ll go ahead and do everything you’ve suggested just to be sure. Thank you again.
An inspection camera/mirror/phone camera might give you a better glimpse at the oil cooler (filter housing) area before going all the way in there to get at it. Unfortunately that one's not easy to get to.

·
Registered
2012 Cruze ECO as of 2-26-20 car has 240k miles on it.
17 Posts
Yeah I just did the oil cooler gaskets and oil feed line and cooler tube a couple weeks ago. I was having the oil drip on the exhaust and would get the burnt oil smell in the car. That was a bit of a project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts