Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Making Strange Alarm Sound In Speaker

10835 32
Recently, my Cruze started making a strange alarm sound. It is coming out of the center dash speaker, like the door chimes do. It has happened 3 times in the past couple of weeks.

There are no lights or warnings on the dash or on the radio. I also plugged in the OBD scanner and there were no codes on the Torque app. The radio keeps playing like normal, except for the alarm sound. It is not affected by the volume knob. And it keeps playing even if the radio is off. I also disconnected the battery for a while after the second time, but the sound came back a couple days later. I also pushed the onstar button and it worked like normal, except that the alarm sounds keeps going. Everything is normal except for that sound.

The only way to get it to stop is to turn off the car, open the door to disable the RAP, but the alarm noise keeps going. After waiting about 30 seconds after the RAP turns off, the alarm stops. Then I can start the car again and the noise is gone.

Here is what it sounds like.

https://youtu.be/7dPWjassw8M

Any ideas what this could be?
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.